Will it? I am tempted to get it, but I'd rather wait for the Galaxy Nexus if the GS2 will not be getting ICS.
    10-25-2011 10:13 PM
    I think it will. Especially considering the launch phone is a Samsung device.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk
    10-26-2011 12:24 AM
    I think it definitely will. Just a matter of when !!!
    10-26-2011 05:13 AM
    I think it will. It may just be from Cyanogenmod though.
    10-26-2011 06:24 AM
    I think it will. It may just be from Cyanogenmod though.
    That's very likely. Hear is to hoping that Samsung is willing to work on their image of being very slow to update their devices.
    10-26-2011 08:25 AM
    That's very likely. Hear is to hoping that Samsung is willing to work on their image of being very slow to update their devices.
    That would be nice. Especially so if they want to drive sales of their flagship phones on the non-Verizon carriers.
    10-26-2011 09:07 AM
    I never thought I would get a Samsung because of their past history of poor support. With the Galaxy as maybe their most popular phone, and so similar to the G Nexus. I felt confident that they would pick up the pace. Crossing my fingers...
    10-26-2011 09:10 AM
    There's no guarantee of anything. International versions will probably see it first. Then its up to AT&T and Samsung to get it to us.

There are other benefits of the Nexus, like the display, updates first, and the improved camera experience.

Sent from my SGS II
    10-26-2011 11:50 AM
    What K O'Quinn said. ICS wasn't written to work optimally with the processors in any of the GSII line, so Samsung will have to deal with that. Then Samsung will have to figure out what elements of ICS will be incorporated into TouchWiz. Then AT&T will have to stall everything to determine the effects of ICS and an updated TW on their bloatware.

I'm happy with Gingerbread, otherwise I would be kinda upset at the prospects of another Captivate Eclair->Froyo fiasco.
    10-26-2011 01:08 PM
    What K O'Quinn said. ICS wasn't written to work optimally with the processors in any of the GSII line, so Samsung will have to deal with that. Then Samsung will have to figure out what elements of ICS will be incorporated into TouchWiz. Then AT&T will have to stall everything to determine the effects of ICS and an updated TW on their bloatware.

I'm happy with Gingerbread, otherwise I would be kinda upset at the prospects of another Captivate Eclair->Froyo fiasco.
    How do you know that ICS wasn't written to work optimally with the processors in any of the GSII line?
    10-27-2011 12:19 AM
    10-27-2011 12:45 AM
    It's definitely confirmed, per Samsung as of today:

http://www.androidcentral.com/samsun...cream-sandwich
    10-28-2011 09:41 PM
    The 2nd quarter of 2012 is about 6 months from now unless you really expect it in the early part of April (which is when the 2nd quarter really starts.) The later part of the 2nd quarter could be late June. That's about 8 months away.
    10-29-2011 04:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD