my gs2 shutdown from a drained battery. after a full night of charging the screen kept coming up to the swipe lock screen and hanging. rebooted and removed batt. didnt fix. i did get in and disable the swipe lock screen.

the phone doesn't lock up now but the screen still comes on all by itself if i tap the on button to shut the screen off. if i dont tap the on button and just wait for the screen to time out it stays on and never times out.

i had zero problems before this.

anyone else see any similar behavior?

UPDATE: the screen wakes up on its own and after that it will not time out. i have removed recent apps to see if that was causing it but no luck.
    10-26-2011 08:02 AM
    anyone having your screen wake up on its own?
    10-27-2011 08:11 AM
    There are some apps out there that will wake up your screen automatically. AirSync will do this.
    10-27-2011 08:18 AM
    My GS2 has shut down twice due to drained battery, and I have never experienced any odd behavior afterwards.
    10-27-2011 10:00 AM
    i started down the path of a factory reset when i found out that i could no longer connect to a pc with a usb.

sometime i would get voice command screen when i plugged the usb in and sometime i would get the dial pad.

had a friends gs2 on hand to try out cables/pc and everything would with his phone.

took it back to bestbuy and got a new one.

10-27-2011 01:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD