Buying From Best Buy

Mayfly

Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
So AT&T stores in Texas don't have the SGS2, but Best Buy does.

For any of you who bought from Best Buy before, and were available for an upgrade, how can I be assured of keeping my current unlimited data package that I was grandfathered in with?

Thanks.

Rnkriis

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
I just bought my S2 this past weekend from Best Buy and ill probably never use a corp store again. Smooth sale and they give you options the corp stores don't.

mpazevedo

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
So AT&T stores in Texas don't have the SGS2, but Best Buy does.

For any of you who bought from Best Buy before, and were available for an upgrade, how can I be assured of keeping my current unlimited data package that I was grandfathered in with?

Thanks.

Just make sure you tell them about your grandfathered unlimited plan. I did the same but after looking up my account info using the preinstalled AT&T account app I noticed the Best Buy guy put me in the cheap $15 200mb plan or whatever mb the $15 one is. I just called AT&T up and told them to put me back to my $30 unlimited plan. There was no problems with the request. I did think it was funny the lady on the phone asked if I really wanted to pay more for the unlimited plan @ $30 and of course I said yes. I ain't going to lose that plan. When AT&T gets real 4G, that might be a diffrent story, but I'll be fighting to keep it once LTE rolls out here.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

eshropshire

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
Best Buy will also match the Walmart price - if a Walmart in your area caries the GS2. One of ours does for $148. Sprint has some promotion for their version for $99 and BB was matching that price.

I went in to buy last Saturday and they did not give me any problems at all about the price match. I decided not to buy right then, going to wait a few weeks and see what comes out. I am in no real rush and want to be 100% sure about the phone I buy and right now I am not sold on the GS2.

BLOND37

Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
are we all talking about the best buy .. chain electrnics store? OMG.. i wanted to the samsung player 5.0.. checked their site said they had 5 there.. i go down immediately.. cant find.. i ask one of the many people walking around doing nothing .. they look in their system..yup got 5.. long story short after FOUR employees looking all over the store, they were still on the truck out back and wouldnt be unloaded until that nite.. gee thx for wasting my time.. needless to say i didnt go back

tunie

Phhhhbbbbtttt
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
You also might want to check out Costco. They're usually cheaper and they have a 90 day return/exchange policy. They don't carry iPhones though so, if you decide you don't like the S2 and want to swap it for an iPhone, you won't be able to do it at Costco.

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
are we all talking about the best buy .. chain electrnics store? OMG.. i wanted to the samsung player 5.0.. checked their site said they had 5 there.. i go down immediately.. cant find.. i ask one of the many people walking around doing nothing .. they look in their system..yup got 5.. long story short after FOUR employees looking all over the store, they were still on the truck out back and wouldnt be unloaded until that nite.. gee thx for wasting my time.. needless to say i didnt go back

Not trying to excuse what happened, but that's someone not doing their job correctly. The truck isn't supposed to be received until it's put away or the store is closed.

I've had good experiences getting phones from Best Buy. A lot of it has to do with the person you deal with.

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
You also might want to check out Costco. They're usually cheaper and they have a 90 day return/exchange policy. They don't carry iPhones though so, if you decide you don't like the S2 and want to swap it for an iPhone, you won't be able to do it at Costco.

You still need the membership to buy from the vendor in the costco correct?

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
I had a very positive experience in buying my AT&T Galaxy S II from Best Buy. Also, when I found it cheaper at another local business a few weeks after buying it, I went up to the store and they price matched. No hassles!

cbb77

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
I also had a positive experience today with Best Buy (terrible with AT&T) but that's another story. In any case, AT&T has a special right now for 50% off some phones (accessible via logicbuy.com). I picked up 3 phones today, SG2 for myself and iphone for each of my daughters. I think AT&Ts site had a mistake in that I was able to get both iphones to add to my cart with 50% off. Typically you can't get any promotion on the iphones. Trick was to add the SG2 to my cart first. In any case, I added all 3 to my cart, printed the page and took it down to Best Buy. They price matched it without even blinking an eye. I wanted to go thru Best Buy as I had a load of gift cards to use. They also have 30 return and no restocking fee. Overall good to deal with.

tunie

Phhhhbbbbtttt
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
You still need the membership to buy from the vendor in the costco correct?

Yes, you need the membership. I'm on with a friend, so I pay less than the original membership. It's worth it to me because I do shop there for other things. My main reason for buying my phone there is the 90 day return policy. Having been stuck with broken Blackberries over and over and not getting any support from RIM, it was important to me to have enough time to try out a phone before committing to keeping it. Some problems, at least for me, don't show up immediately. 90 days gave me time to put the phone(s) through it's paces to insure everything was operational.

I wish I'd bought my last Blackberry from Costco. It would have saved me from being stuck with a phone that didn't ring, for the last 2 years. For me, the membership is well worth it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie