Serendipity 8.1 MMS Problem...help wanted

iskor12

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
No takers on this one? I would seriously like to go back to this ROM if it can be fixed. This ROM gave me very good battery life.

anon(13322)

Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
I'm not sure. The best suggestion I can give is to check the XDA forums to see if someone else if having the same problem. Chances are, someone is.

iskor12

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
I have this problem with 8.0, just downloading 8.1 now. I will let you know if it persists!

8.1 is the one that I had problems with.

I checked XDA and a lot of people seem to be having issues....but there are a random few that it works perfectly for...hmm

Emcee

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
8.1 is the one that I had problems with.

I checked XDA and a lot of people seem to be having issues....but there are a random few that it works perfectly for...hmm

I'm one that it works for. I did replace the mms.apk with one from Unnamed because I liked the theme better, so idk if that had anything to do with it. You can try it yourself if you like. I never got a clear answer to whether it helped anyone else over there.

You have to use something like Root Explorer to paste it into /system/app. After that, restart your phone and you should be good.

iskor12

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
I'm one that it works for. I did replace the mms.apk with one from Unnamed because I liked the theme better, so idk if that had anything to do with it. You can try it yourself if you like. I never got a clear answer to whether it helped anyone else over there.

You have to use something like Root Explorer to paste it into /system/app. After that, restart your phone and you should be good.

I'll try it again, maybe tonight. I did do this and all it did was it gave me the UnNamed MMS platform, but it didn't fix the MMS issue.

Do you have any issues reconnecting from being in airplane mode or from having data shut off?

Emcee

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
I'll try it again, maybe tonight. I did do this and all it did was it gave me the UnNamed MMS platform, but it didn't fix the MMS issue.

Do you have any issues reconnecting from being in airplane mode or from having data shut off?

Not as far as a I know. I don't use airplane mode, but I don't believe I've had data shut off.

dirtbikerr450

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
Here are my APN settings

FIRST APN

Name: HSPA+
APN: phone
MCC: 310
MNC: 410
APN type: default,internet,supl

SECOND APN

Name: MMS
APN: wap.cingular
Proxy: wireless.cingular.com
Port: 80
MMSC: http://mmsc.cingular.com
MMS proxy: 66.209.11.32
MMS port: 80
MCC: 310
MNC: 410
APN type: mms

This should fix it

Emcee

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
For those having issues, try going into messenger then using the paper clip to attach a pic. See if that works.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2fedes