11-02-2011 08:41 AM
30 12
tools
    Really odd that you can't access directions offline on a pre-cached map area because it works fine for me. I'm at a loss here, but I'm glad you found something that meets your needs. That's the most important thing! :-)
    I'd like to fix that though. I have others that are looking at using something.
    11-01-2011 11:40 AM
    You know, I can only think of two possibilities. 1) GPS is disabled or 2) You're clicking on an area of the map that hasn't been cached. Is Data (not wifi) off? Is GPS enabled? Your phone doesn't need data for GPS.
    11-01-2011 03:21 PM
    You know, I can only think of two possibilities. 1) GPS is disabled or 2) You're clicking on an area of the map that hasn't been cached. Is Data (not wifi) off? Is GPS enabled? Your phone doesn't need data for GPS.
    GPS on. Data off, wifi off. No directions.

GPS on. Data off, wifi ON, get directions.

GPS on Data on, wifi on, get directions.

GPS on Data on, wifi off, get directions.

Map is pre-cached as is the end point within that pre-cached map.

I also added it to my places, and get the same results as above.

Dunno... I'll try pre-caching a different area next.

Thanks for trying to help.
    11-01-2011 04:03 PM
    What happens when you press on directions?

The only other possibility that comes to mind is if the area you're caching isn't mapped for directions by google. You can check that just by navigating in an area with data and gps on. If it works there, it will work in pre-cache.
    11-01-2011 05:08 PM
    [HL]What happens when you press on directions?[/HL]

The only other possibility that comes to mind is if the area you're caching isn't mapped for directions by google. You can check that just by navigating in an area with data and gps on. If it works there, it will work in pre-cache.
    Says "data connection lost"

The area is mapped for directions. If it wasn't, then it wouldn't give directions while being ONline, right?
    11-02-2011 08:41 AM
30 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD