How to fix screen lock security glitch

tunie

Phhhhbbbbtttt
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
I was messing around with the screen lock security problem where the pin screen, etc. is disabled when the phone falls asleep and you wake it back up. If you go into settings> Location and Security> Timeout - set the Timeout as "Immediately". This removed the screen lock glitch for me and produces the pin screen every time whether my phone sleeps on its own or I put it to sleep.

Let me know if this works for anyone else...

tunie

Phhhhbbbbtttt
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
Great! You never know if things like this will work for everyone since we all have different apps on our phones and one could interfere. It was really irritating me, so I was happy when it worked. Hope it works for ofhers too.

JoeSII

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
Yes, I did notice this works for me EXCEPT when my phone's alarm app wakes me in the morning - no lock screen and therefore no security. Anyone else have this?

SoCaliTrojan

Oct 16, 2011
Visit site
This was announced by Samsung/at&t in the first week as a temporary fix, and was why it probably took then a while to fix. I rooted my phone and installed a custom ROM hoping that it would fix it.

I think 2.3.5 fixes it, but must custom ROMs are based on 2.3.4. One bad thing I've heard about 2.3.5 is that it renders the jig useless in resetting the flash counter.

tunie

Phhhhbbbbtttt
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
Yes, I did notice this works for me EXCEPT when my phone's alarm app wakes me in the morning - no lock screen and therefore no security. Anyone else have this?

No, I didn't have that happen this morning when my alarm went off. I just tried it again and it worked fine. My alarm went off. I canceled it. I saw the lock screen. Slid it to unlock and was presented with the keypad for my pin. I'm sorry but I can't think of any reason it wouldn't work after the alarm. Are you sure your lock screen pin is set under location and security and that the timeout is set for immediately?

tunie

Phhhhbbbbtttt
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
This was announced by Samsung/at&t in the first week as a temporary fix, and was why it probably took then a while to fix. I rooted my phone and installed a custom ROM hoping that it would fix it.

I think 2.3.5 fixes it, but must custom ROMs are based on 2.3.4. One bad thing I've heard about 2.3.5 is that it renders the jig useless in resetting the flash counter.

I wish I'd seen that.:-( It would have saved me time messing around with my phone trying to fix it. At least it's working now so, for me anyway, it doesn't really matter if they fix it or not; probably good since it'll take them a year to address it! lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol