Does anyone else not care about when the galaxy S II is getting ics right away. I love the way this phone runs just the way it is. It is smooth as butter.

Sent from my SAMSUNG Galaxy S II
    10-30-2011 12:00 PM
    I agree, this phone is terrific. I'm in no hurry for an ics update. I want it, sure, but I'm not counting down the months for it.
    10-30-2011 12:06 PM
    Yup. Never purchase a phone for what it could have, but rather for what it does have.
    Jonna09 and Tom S. like this.
    10-30-2011 12:49 PM
    so tired of hearing about if and when ics is coming to the G2. I love how it is now even stock; this is the first Android phone that I haven't installed a custom rom on and don't plan to.
    10-30-2011 02:23 PM
    Just remember it will be ATT that will be the road block not
    Samsung
    10-30-2011 06:05 PM
    I rooted mine and stripped out the apps I didn't need. I'm happy with it in it's current state. When/if ICS is available I'll most likely update to it just as long as I can revert back if needed.
    10-30-2011 07:54 PM
    I rooted mine and stripped out the apps I didn't need. I'm happy with it in it's current state. When/if ICS is available I'll most likely update to it just as long as I can revert back if needed.
    are you using it as a mobile hotspot after rooting? How well is it working, and which app are you using to enable hotspot functionality? Too, do you know whether clients connected to you GS2 can talk to each other, or does each device only have access to the network (i.e., does the GS2 function as a switch/hub in hotspot mode?)
    10-31-2011 04:14 PM
    No hurry to get ICS. Not seeing the "killer app" there that would make me start the countdown...
    10-31-2011 06:21 PM
    are you using it as a mobile hotspot after rooting? How well is it working, and which app are you using to enable hotspot functionality? Too, do you know whether clients connected to you GS2 can talk to each other, or does each device only have access to the network (i.e., does the GS2 function as a switch/hub in hotspot mode?)
    Someone can correct me if I'm wrong since I have not rooted my phone yet. But I think you use Titanium Backup to freeze or remove the Tethering Manager. Then use the stock hotspot app or Barnacle Wifi Tethering.

As for me, fairly content w/ Gingerbread. Several of the additions I read about on ICS are already available on Touchwiz or through a 3rd party (putting shortcuts in folders, answering calls w/ a quick text). Maybe Samsung knew about the new features while they were working on the Nexus and tried to put them in Touchwiz. The only thing I'm missing is unlocking to the camera app and data usage controls (which is not a big concern for me since I rarely stream videos).
    11-01-2011 04:07 PM
    I haven't tried it yet. I'm on the unlimited plan so I'm kinda worried I'll get tagged by ATT and nuked to a tethering plan.
    11-01-2011 05:19 PM
    Does anyone else not care about when the galaxy S II is getting ics right away. I love the way this phone runs just the way it is. It is smooth as butter.

Sent from my SAMSUNG Galaxy S II
    I'm new to the SGS II (got it Sunday) and I'm happy the way it is. I had 3 bum Atrix 2's and I'm glad the sgs II is still running 2.3.4 rather than 2.3.5.

If any of u use Zedge ringtones and wallpapers, there are 43,000 wallpapers available w/2.3.4 but only around 1,100 w/2.3.5 and I'm not sure why?

If I can avoid it altogether, I may skip ICS entirely.
    tl3

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk
    11-01-2011 05:43 PM
    Phone works wll and I'm happy with it in general. So, like everybody else who commented here I'm sort of indifferent about ICS as well. Until today... Saw Google developer blog post about ICS having GPU hardware acceleration turned on by default for all apps. Looks like some apps will automatically benefit from that, which of course will make them run smoother. I'm not dying to get that feature but I wouldn't mind having it. So, it's on my radar as of today.
    11-01-2011 08:18 PM
    Samsung Italy has announced ICS for the SGSII in Q2 of 2012. Don't expect the upgrade in the US until the end of next year. I don't care. The guys coding ICS Launcher will have a complete ICS Launcher by then.
    11-01-2011 08:24 PM
    Hardware acceleration will be nice. I'll either get the Nexus (or the first ICS phone after the Nexus) or run Cyanogen Mod 9. I didn't get this phone hoping for updates. I got it because it does what I want it to do. But an official update would be nice.
    11-01-2011 09:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD