Good Evening All,

I am looking to get the SGS2, and I would like to purchase the subsidized version on Amazon Wireless(AW). I am an AT&T customer with the Unlimited Data Plan(grandfathered in). I would like to keep my Unlim Data plan, but AW makes me choose a different plan. I am coming from a iPhone3G.

When I talked with AW they said that when I buy it though then I will loose my Unlim Data, but when I talked to AT&T, they said that all I would have to do is contact them before activation and I would be able to keep it.

Further, a have searched online for and I have found different answers to this problem.

1. Is there anyone who bought the SGS2 (or similar smart phone) through AW, and went through AT&T to activate it?

3. Were you able to keep your Unlimited Data Plan?

3. Did amazon still count the activation, or did you get penalizes (i.e the $200 dollar charge, that is listed on there site for not activating it.)?

4. What did you do to make sure you kept you Unlim Data Plan?

I just want to make sure, before I purchase the phone that I do not loose my Unlimited Data.

Thank you all in advanced for your responses.
    10-31-2011 01:09 AM
    I got my GSII from Amazon a couple of weeks ago. Was able to keep my unlimited plan, just had to contact AT&T before activating my new phone.
    Also, this process was much quicker when dealing with AT&T through customer service chat online.
    The people I spoke to on the phone over at AT&T said that I couldn't keep my unlimited data and refused to help.
    10-31-2011 01:18 AM
    I called AT&T before ordering to ask and they said I could keep it...I had them note the account, then I ordered from Amazon, selecting the $20 data plan. When I got the phone and activated it, I called AT&T and had them restore the unlimited plan as noted, and they took care of it quickly. I've since gone online to check and my plan is all set up the way I want it, with unlimited data intact.
    10-31-2011 01:39 AM
    Thank you for the replies.

Does that mean I have to activate it on Amazon then call AT&T, or can I call and Activate it through AT&T?

When I called AT&T they just said to activate it with them, but I am worried that I will get hit with the $250 charge if it is not "activated."

Thank you in advance.
    10-31-2011 10:20 AM
    I finally got it back after spending three hours on the phone arguing with AT&T customer service. I thought saving $50 was worth it...Next time I'm just going to AT&T. Customer service can be terrible. I must have called 6 times, and every person gave me a different story until finally I demanded to speak with a manager to get my plan back, and she cameback 5 minutes later and said it was reinstated. Such a headache...
    11-01-2011 01:48 AM
    Huh? I ordered my through AW, received the phone, called AT&T and activated it. I came from an iphone with unlimited data. There was no issue, no arguing or even asking. I simply activated it and still have the unlimited data plan. I am really confused why this is even an issue.
    11-01-2011 07:14 AM
    I was going to buy through Amazon but did not want the hassle. Walmart has the phone here for $148, also Sams Club. Plus Best Buy will match the Walmart price. I was at BB about 8 days ago ready to buy the phone and the guy I said if I was not in a hurry I should wait a bit. I am glad I did. I am going to get the HTC Vivid.
    11-01-2011 11:38 AM