thank you ATT!-skyrocket

TBayTom

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site
I was debating doing the same thing. Do you think it would be worth paying the fees associated with switching the phone out?

frozencloud

Apr 25, 2010
Visit site
I'm a little pissed that they are throwing this at us 1 month after they release the s2. however, i dont have 4g here and the 4.5 inch screen is too big for me. So Imma just stick with what I have.

dmcincubus

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
Honestly, outside of the people in lte markets who bought an s2 upon release who are going to be outside the 30 day return window, I don't understand why everyone is so steaming mad. It's technology. It improves everyday.

Maybe we should be excited that att is finally getting into the lte market. I know I am.

derande

Aug 5, 2010
Visit site
Besides the 4.5 vs 4.3 inch screen and LTE radio, are there any others differences? I love my GS2 and even though I'm in an LTE area, most of my data usage is over wifi anyway and I value my battery life so I'll be sticking with my current GS2.

I'm sure by the time I upgrade next, LTE will have evolved into a better network and battery life will increase substancially so I'm happy waiting another 12-18 months.

ricktat

Oct 3, 2011
Visit site
AT&T tried to help by not selling the GS2 in the LTE areas.

Do you want 4.5" screen?
Do you have LTE in your area?
Do you want less battery life?
Do you want to say that you have a 1.5ghz processor that may be slower?

OK happy shopping...

Plus AT&T stores in non-LTE areas may not even carry this version. Not that you can't order through AT&T online but they can still limit sales to certain zip codes.

anon(464338)

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
It has a faster 1.5 ghz processer. Lte is being released to my area in DC on launch day. I'm pretty stoked. This or the HTC Vivid? hmm...

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk

LazrRocketArm

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
It has only been 29 days since it came out. Just returned my GS2.
I can understand people not wanting a bigger screen, but I want the 4.5".
I live in Indianapolis and the LTE rollout is not official yet, but they have a "soft" deployment.
The guy in the ATT store showed me the LTE hotspot they have in store.

He said to expect spotty coverage until it's official. Did say they are testing it to make sure it runs wel here before the SuperBowl in FEB.

LazrRocketArm

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
It has a faster 1.5 ghz processer. Lte is being released to my area in DC on launch day. I'm pretty stoked. This or the HTC Vivid? hmm...

HTC is notorious for bad battery life. I had a FUZE and needed the extended battery BAD.
I'd go with the Sammy for sure.

brendonlee

May 11, 2011
Visit site
Im not in a LTE market, but even if I was I don't think i'd trade up. I honestly would rather a longer battery life than super fast data speeds. My current SII is great for browsing and I never tether, so why even worry about cutting my battery life in half for 30mb/s that I won't take advantage of?

Sent from my AT&T Samsung Galaxy SII

cwells

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
The way I look at is how much faster do you need your mobile device to be? If you ask me the Lte radio is gonna kill the battery, the 4.5 in display isn't gonna look as nice as the 4.3, and I gaurentee that the device won't be as snappy as the gs2. So ill be sticking with the gs2 my data speed and screen size is perfect :)

frozencloud

Apr 25, 2010
Visit site
how will this be sold? coming from what i read, many of the LTE enable city didnt have a single AT&T store with SII available. So are they selling the Skyrocket only in these cities or is it a nationwide launch?

Emcee

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site

I believe these are Qualcomm chips, which are supposedly slower than the 1.2GHz Exynos chips in our S2s.

Personally, I don't think it's worth it. I am curious why people know battery life will suck. We haven't seen these in action yet.

tunie

Phhhhbbbbtttt
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
My 90 day exchange period ends Nov 3, so I'll miss it, but I wasn't all that excited about it anyway. My battery is just able to last a full day now. LTE will make it worse, so I'd rather have decent battery life than have LTE. It probably won't cover my area for a long time anyway, so I'm good with my 2 week old S2:)

jedah

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
The way I look at is how much faster do you need your mobile device to be? If you ask me the Lte radio is gonna kill the battery, the 4.5 in display isn't gonna look as nice as the 4.3, and I gaurentee that the device won't be as snappy as the gs2. So ill be sticking with the gs2 my data speed and screen size is perfect :)

I hear LTE on AT&T will have better battery life because they won't have to manage two radios like they do on Verizon. Nonetheless this will be a tough choice for me. 4.3 is already borderline too big for my hands. Not sure if I wanna go 4.5, esp w/ the same resolution. HSPA+ is fast enough for me for now (I'm coming from a Touch Pro 2), but who knows how I'll feel in a year when AT&T rolls out LTE to more cities.

Really lovin' my GS2, but it's hard not to look at the upcoming devices.. esp since I'm still within my 30-day return period.