thank you ATT!-skyrocket

Nchaka

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
My local AT&t store didn't carry the sgs2 said I could order it. I'm not in an LTE area. But I will probably get the skyrocket unless they announce the note or nexus before the 14th when my 30 day exchange is up. I have an iPhone 4S now.

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
Although the battery life will most likely be not as good as current Samsungs ( I hope it is in the ballpark since it is a 1850 mAh battery).

For those of you in a LTE market just toggle the LTE off if you are not using it. LTE is data only I believe. Having it when you have a big download or streaming Netflix or video calling will be a big advantage when you want it.

I had the SGSII on launch in DFW (They did have it available here) and returned it last week when the rumors of this phone started to be credible. I think it is amusing that some are really concerned about what processor it has. Trust me, if in an LTE market, you can keep your SGSII and my inferior processor will smoke you in all things I think are important for a phone. Living and traveling for work in the big Texas cities, I really am looking forward to hearing more about this phone.

Two things that will impact my decision. Battery life (I know it is better than Verizon LTE but not sure how much better) and my unlimited data plan. If both of those are acceptable, I will most likely be sporting a Skyrocket next week! ...or should I wait on the Galaxy Nexus LOL !

EDIT: On the wrong forum sorry! I thought this was the Skyrocket forum not the SGSII forum.

Last edited:

BugDad25

Jul 28, 2010
Visit site
I am still in the window but will stick with the GS II. the size is just right and I'm getting between 3 and 6 mbps. faster is always better but I can live with that. especially since those speeds may improve as they upgrade the system

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk

netarc

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
My 90 day exchange period ends Nov 3, so I'll miss it, but I wasn't all that excited about it anyway. My battery is just able to last a full day now. LTE will make it worse, so I'd rather have decent battery life than have LTE. It probably won't cover my area for a long time anyway, so I'm good with my 2 week old S2:)

A 90 day exchange period?!? How did u manage that?

tunie

Phhhhbbbbtttt
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
A 90 day exchange period?!? How did u manage that?

Costco, and I get a brand new phone with no restocking fee! Gotta love Costco. I started with the Atrix, but it was doing weird things. Exchanged for Infuse, which I loved, but screen pixelation while browsing drove me crazy. Got the SGS2 and though I was sad to give up my 4.5" display, the resolution on the S2 makes up for it. It was nice to be able to make sure the phone I chose was going to work for me instead of being stuck with a glitchy phone.

Last edited:

timberga

May 19, 2010
Visit site
Costco, and I get a brand new phone with no restocking fee! Gotta love Costco. I started with the Atrix, but it was doing weird things. Exchanged for Infuse, which I loved, but screen pixelation while browsing drove me crazy. Got the SGS2 and though I was sad to give up my 4.5" display, the resolution on the S2 makes up for it. It was nice to be able to make sure the phone I chose was going to work for me instead of being stuck with a glitchy phone.

You are exactly the kind of customer Costco does NOT want.

All Android phones are buggy to a certain extent....you will never find a "perfect" one.

ricktat

Oct 3, 2011
Visit site

All Android phones are buggy to a certain extent....you will never find a "perfect" one.

Thats not very nice at all.
He is just following the policy that Costco has in place.
He may have 47 cats and buys 500 pounds of cat food a week from Costco and they love him. Maybe he has VIP status there and his own parking spot.

Reactions: tunie

Emcee

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
Thats not very nice at all.
He is just following the policy that Costco has in place.
He may have 47 cats and buys 500 pounds of cat food a week from Costco and they love him. Maybe he has VIP status there and his own parking spot.

Maybe he works in the food court. :eek:

jedah

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
It has a faster 1.5 ghz processer. Lte is being released to my area in DC on launch day. I'm pretty stoked. This or the HTC Vivid? hmm...

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk

I wouldn't say 1.5Ghz is necessarily faster. The 1.2Ghz Exynos has already been shown to match or beat T-Mo's version w/ a 1.5 Ghz processor (Qualcomm?).

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
I wouldn't say 1.5Ghz is necessarily faster. The 1.2Ghz Exynos has already been shown to match or beat T-Mo's version w/ a 1.5 Ghz processor (Qualcomm?).

Yes, it is the same processor that's in the T-Mobile version, it's basically the same that's in the HTC Flyer tablet, and in the Evo 3d and HTC Sensation, just clocked a bit faster. Do some looking around on YouTube and you will find comparison videos with the T-Mobile version, the GS2 with Exynos is faster.

tunie

Phhhhbbbbtttt
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site

Hmm...maybe you should tell them that. The way they explained it to me was, if -anything- is wrong with your phone, you may return it, or exchange it within 90 days. The Atrix I picked up first was on a consistent reboot. They played with it, but couldn't fix it so offered me another or an entirely different phone. I opted for the Infuse, not wanting to risk another schizophrenic Atrix (though I loved the phone when it worked). The Infuse developed a pixelation issue while web browsing. It became worse and worse over the 2.5 months I had it and both Samsung and AT&T said they weren't anticipating a fix. Costco was aware of the issue and offered me a new Infuse or the S2. After researching a bit, I couldn't find anything majorly wrong with the S2, so I opted to take it.

Now, I don't owe you any explanations but, due to your lack of social decency, I felt I should respond. I have exchanged exactly one item to Costco in the last 15 years of shopping there. Their policy is to protect good customers like me from being stuck with a phone that, due to malfunctioning hardware or software, is difficult to use.

Before you attack a very nice woman like me, I would appreciate being given the benefit of the doubt and, it doesn't hurt to read the posts before you respond.

Thank you for your time.

Reactions: Pema108

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
Yes, it is the same processor that's in the T-Mobile version, it's basically the same that's in the HTC Flyer tablet, and in the Evo 3d and HTC Sensation, just clocked a bit faster. Do some looking around on YouTube and you will find comparison videos with the T-Mobile version, the GS2 with Exynos is faster.

The Flyer is a single core Snapdragon, not dual core. According to gbhil (Jerry Hildenbrand) the T-Mo SGSII feels just as fast as the other SGSII's. No lag. I would expect the Skyrocket to be the same way.

SteveISU

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
Anyone use samsung and HTC? Never used HTC, but I'm curious how the compare from a user standpoint, not just specs.

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk

timberga

May 19, 2010
Visit site
Hmm...maybe you should tell them that. The way they explained it to me was, if -anything- is wrong with your phone, you may return it, or exchange it within 90 days. The Atrix I picked up first was on a consistent reboot. They played with it, but couldn't fix it so offered me another or an entirely different phone. I opted for the Infuse, not wanting to risk another schizophrenic Atrix (though I loved the phone when it worked). The Infuse developed a pixelation issue while web browsing. It became worse and worse over the 2.5 months I had it and both Samsung and AT&T said they weren't anticipating a fix. Costco was aware of the issue and offered me a new Infuse or the S2. After researching a bit, I couldn't find anything majorly wrong with the S2, so I opted to take it.

Now, I don't owe you any explanations but, due to your lack of social decency, I felt I should respond. I have exchanged exactly one item to Costco in the last 15 years of shopping there. Their policy is to protect good customers like me from being stuck with a phone that, due to malfunctioning hardware or software, is difficult to use.

Before you attack a very nice woman like me, I would appreciate being given the benefit of the doubt and, it doesn't hurt to read the posts before you respond.

Thank you for your time.

You are more than welcome to respond, that's what makes the internet great. I read your other "Infuse" posts about pixelation and a browser fixing the issue for you, but I guess that wasn't enough maybe...or you just wanted to exchange and get the latest and greatest maybe (just read your other posts). I might have been a bit harsh, but I don't think the post I'm quoting above is 100% bible either! :)

In the end, after 4 phones, you ended up with the right one, thats all that matters.

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
Anyone use samsung and HTC? Never used HTC, but I'm curious how the compare from a user standpoint, not just specs.

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk

It's been too long since I've used HTC. I haven't used any of the newer ones. I can say that build quality is typically pretty good, with high quality materials. The best thing to do would be to go to a store and see them both. The Vivid doesn't appear to be a unibody design like most of the other new HTC phones.

The display seems to be a trade off. You get the awesome contrast and color of SAMOLED+, or the extra resolution of qHD (and it'll probably still look really good, too).

Also, given the clockspeed the Samsung will probably be a little faster in daily use.

SteveISU

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
It's been too long since I've used HTC. I haven't used any of the newer ones. I can say that build quality is typically pretty good, with high quality materials. The best thing to do would be to go to a store and see them both. The Vivid doesn't appear to be a unibody design like most of the other new HTC phones.

The display seems to be a trade off. You get the awesome contrast and color of SAMOLED+, or the extra resolution of qHD (and it'll probably still look really good, too).

Also, given the clockspeed the Samsung will probably be a little faster in daily use.

Gotcha thanks! I plan to go check them out, was just curious if anyone had any experience with the current gens UI on both. Not sure I like the HTC capacitive buttons and then the 2nd set of buttons for phone, ect. Looks redundant to me.

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
Gotcha thanks! I plan to go check them out, was just curious if anyone had any experience with the current gens UI on both. Not sure I like the HTC capacitive buttons and then the 2nd set of buttons for phone, ect. Looks redundant to me.

I did use a Sense 3.0 Rom on my Inspire. It was nice and ran really well on that phone. It seems that with each phone release it gets better (as in smoother). I played with an Evo 3D and wasn't impressed. Then i played with a Sensation and it was night and day. The Sensation ran better even though the hardware is the same. From what I hear the phones released after that are even better.

The social integration is pretty equal IMO, but I do like Touchwiz dialer/contact app better. And I personally like dark themes, so it having a lot of black backgrounds (takes advantage of Amoled for batter savings) plays to my personal taste.

The lockscreen on Sense 3.0 is awesome, though, and is easily worth the price of admission. Though, admittedly, you can get similar functionality with certain apps.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
catherinediane