I have the galaxy s 2 but i am thinking of going back to the iphone. help me please obi-wan I need your help.
    the new siri is looking really good.
    what should i do and why
    10-31-2011 06:01 PM
    Question is what about the SGII don't you like. I have both, I will admit siri is pretty amazing. There are definite trade offs between the two devices.

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk
    10-31-2011 06:34 PM
    Have you tried Vlingo, speaktoit, iris (siri backwards)? I'm not big on voice controls, but have read positive reviews about all of those.

Do what you want though. It's your money
    10-31-2011 10:16 PM
    Have you tried Vlingo, speaktoit, iris (siri backwards)? I'm not big on voice controls, but have read positive reviews about all of those.

Do what you want though. It's your money

Having both phones, unless you've used Siri, it's hard to wrap your brain around how intelligent the thing is.
    10-31-2011 10:28 PM
    Voice command is an area where Android held the lead for quite a while, but did little to improve it. Now that Apple has taken such a huge step ahead, our options have paled in comparison. Unfortunately, it's going to take some time to catch up.
    11-01-2011 12:07 AM
    I could care less about Siri, its one of those things I would forget about because I enjoy interacting with my phone with my hands.

The only thing I could picture using it for would be to set the alarm which is a PITA by hand.

I wasn't going to upgrade my i4 for the 4s just for that. I'm ticked that I waited 15 months for a bigger screen and didn't get it. Now I'm going to the dark side. Being tied into Apples Eco system just is not cutting it for me.
    Lazerz likes this.
    11-01-2011 02:40 AM
    Vlingo on the GS2 will let you set an alarm.

The screen size is the main thing that killed it for me. The 3.5" is pitiful.

Also no internet = no Siri
    Nchaka and Lazerz like this.
    11-01-2011 08:59 AM
    I had the 4s for a week, Siri was cool but not that useful for me. I also noticed that Siri was awful when used in low coverage areas (inside buildings) ... Siri relies heavily on the internet to function. Maybe I am a little old school but I don't have a problem typing into the google search box which yields the same results.
    11-01-2011 11:11 AM
    Vlingo on the GS2 will let you set an alarm.

The screen size is the main thing that killed it for me. The 3.5" is pitiful.

Also no internet = no Siri
    I agree I have the 4S and I want a bigger screen. And I have only used Siri a few times. I'm taking it back to get the skyrocket. Unless they announce the note or nexus on AT&T by the 14th
    I have the Xoom so I already have a lot of apps for it.
    11-01-2011 11:21 AM
    I have the galaxy s 2 but i am thinking of going back to the iphone. help me please obi-wan I need your help.
    the new siri is looking really good.
    what should i do and why
    The choice is yours to be made and should be based on your needs, wants, and uses for the phone.

I could care less about Siri, its one of those things I would forget about because I enjoy interacting with my phone with my hands.

The only thing I could picture using it for would be to set the alarm which is a PITA by hand.

I wasn't going to upgrade my i4 for the 4s just for that. I'm ticked that I waited 15 months for a bigger screen and didn't get it. Now I'm going to the dark side. Being tied into Apples Eco system just is not cutting it for me.
    Siri although it could be cool/usefull to some people is no more than a gimmick to get those with the 4 to support the Apple eco-system by purchasing a 4s in my eyes.

Siri has been hacked and placed on the 4 and iPad2 and guess what it runs just as good on them. I doubt it will be released to the public tho as it takes some of the copyright protected code fromt he 4s to make it 100% functional. I guess if Apple takes enough heat over it they may choose to enable it at a later time for other devices. But on the other hand it's the Apple way of doing things by forcing one to upgrade for a feature that's withheld from the previouse generation devices.

I was also one of those who waited for the next gen iPhone and the 4s was a big letdown to me also. The thought of feeding the Apple eco-system again this go around was just not for me. Screen size does matter to me. I went from the iphone > 3g > 3gs > 4 and said enough is enough when the 4s has announced.

Would I return my SGS2 and get another iPhone? **** no! Would I purchase a iPhone 5? Most likely not as it won't be complete untill it's a 5s anyways.
    Lazerz likes this.
    11-01-2011 12:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD