11-08-2011 01:02 PM
37 12
tools
    AT&T's Messages app on my GS2 displays the text of a VM too, that's better than VVM on my IPhone. I also was able to disable txt message notifications for the app.
    11-02-2011 09:18 PM
    AT&T's Messages app on my GS2 displays the text of a VM too, that's better than VVM on my IPhone. I also was able to disable txt message notifications for the app.
    can you share how you disabled TXT notifications? I found no option to do so in the SETTINGS of the ATT Messages app.
    11-03-2011 02:46 PM
    Can google voice be used to take vmails on your primary mobile #? That is, won't it only work if someone calls your google VOICE phone number? I need a vmail for my actual AT&T phone #, and I didn't think gvoice could do so (unless I port my # over to google or such, which I'm unwilling to do).
    Not sure anybody answered this...Google Voice will work just fine with your mobile number for voicemail. It's what I use.

Sent from my SGS II
    11-03-2011 03:12 PM
    I used YouMail when I was using webOS and got the app when I switched to android. It works well for the most part. Like someone else mentioned already, I have a problem not getting notifications sometimes. But I still like it better than standard voicemail. I havent tried Google Voice. Maybe I'll look into that.
    11-03-2011 03:19 PM
    I use Go SMS and set it as default after clearing defaults for AT&T messaging in applications. If anything asked I selected Go SMS. I remember it being a pain but, I don't get notifications for texts just phone calls in AT&T messaging.
    11-03-2011 08:49 PM
    I use Go SMS and set it as default after clearing defaults for AT&T messaging in applications. If anything asked I selected Go SMS. I remember it being a pain but, I don't get notifications for texts just phone calls in AT&T messaging.
    Sorry, I just don't see this option and I'm hoping you can help me recreate what you did to disable text message notifications in the app (w/o disabling voicemail notifications)? e..g, I go into the main SETTINGS > Applications, where the only relevant option appears to be Manage applications; but Manage Apps just shows the list of installed apps (downloaded, all, on SD card, running). I find AT&T Messages in the Downloaded list, and upon clicking it I see options to "force stop", "Uninstall" and "Clear Data". None of these seem like they'd do the trick; could you provide more info on what you meant by "clearing defaults for AT&T messaging in applications," am I looking in the wrong place?

BTW, you're on a Samsung Galaxy S2 as well, yes? If not, maybe you're seeing an option I'm not under Settings > Apps?

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer, these double text msg notifications are a total pita.
    11-04-2011 01:28 AM

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer, these double text msg notifications are a total pita.
    To disable double notifications, just go into the app that you don't want notifications for and uncheck notify (or whatever it says). Access the menu by pressing the menu key and going into options.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777
    11-04-2011 03:04 AM
    I too use Google voicemail for my AT&T number. Works great, and you even can archive and listen to it from Google's web portal. My only quarrel with it is the voice-to-text translation is usually wrong, but I can at least make out the context of the wording and figure it out. As pure voicemail, it is stellar in my opinion.
    11-06-2011 07:49 PM
    I too use Google voicemail for my AT&T number. Works great, and you even can archive and listen to it from Google's web portal. My only quarrel with it is the voice-to-text translation is usually wrong, but I can at least make out the context of the wording and figure it out. As pure voicemail, it is stellar in my opinion.
    I too use google voice I like it better than my old iphone visual voicemail because I could check it on my ipad my android tablet and on the google website

Sent from my Samsung galaxy S2 using Tapatalk
    11-06-2011 07:54 PM
    getting really annoyed with AT&T Messages ... twice now I have dialed in to the vmail number manually to find a vmail message which was not downloaded by the ATT Messages app - crap.
    11-07-2011 04:28 PM
    I too use google voice I like it better than my old iphone visual voicemail because I could check it on my ipad my android tablet and on the google website

i have GV set up on my SGS2 but i dunno how much i'm liking it.. i'm not the type to "read" voice mails on my laptop which is my only other device and i thought GV was like att iphone visual voice mail..
    11-08-2011 07:48 AM
    i have GV set up on my SGS2 but i dunno how much i'm liking it.. i'm not the type to "read" voice mails on my laptop which is my only other device and i thought GV was like att iphone visual voice mail..
    You can play the voicemail on all the devices too. Just click play.

11-08-2011 01:02 PM
37 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD