im noticing a slight battery drain with my phone when i first got it the battery would last hr and a half- 2 hours when not being used and would not drop 1% now if i leave my phone for 40-50 mins im losing one percent usually 2 in jsut that amount of time without even using it....i have sync bluetooth all that good stuff turned off and cant find whats sucking the battery , i downloaded system panel but didnt know what i was looking for....any suggestionsss
    11-02-2011 01:29 PM
    cpu spy , battery stats and traffic monitor will all help see why the CPU is not sleeping, what is using CPU time and what apps are transmitting data.
    11-02-2011 02:50 PM
    Or the stock settings>about phone>battery usage. Which in any normal case will show the display lighting as the main source of battery usage then next in line etc etc
    11-03-2011 08:41 PM
    I found having the phone "push" email for my work Exchange account was the culprit. I setup "peak" and "off peak" retrieval, and therefore turned off the "push" retrieval. At peak times, I poll every hour (8-5 m-f), at off-peak hours, I poll every 4 hours. That was really my only change and now I can get through a work day without much trouble.
    If you are not having your phone grab data all the time, then I am not sure what is draining your battery, but that is what was killing mine...
    11-04-2011 01:04 PM
    Turn off data packets (Apn) and poll.
    11-05-2011 06:45 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD