ok .. i cant ask this on the att forums.. so here i am..

last month i added a second line (thus making my indv line into a family).. i added on an htc inspire.. (already have an iphone on the "main" line)..

the conversion from indv to family with the htc made my monthly bill go up by lie $25..

wow really? i had TWO reps check the math.. and it was correct

i didnt like the htc returned it, and the family plan got reversed to an indv plan.. fine ok..

this week i went to get a SGS2 .. long story short. all same options.. only diff being the phone.. my bll (now on the family plan) DOUBLES.. again i had 2 reps check the math and this is right..

would a phone (htc vs SGS) change the amount of the monthly bill?
    11-05-2011 09:52 PM
    Every time you adjust your plan in the middle of a billing cycle they "prorate" it. When AT&T prorates, they charge you for that half, and another whole billing cycle in advance. Basically AT&T charges you double. Always have, always will. I ONLY adjust my plan at the end of a cycle and have the changes start on the next cycle.

NEVER "prorate" with AT&T, do the math yourself nad you get screwed every time.
    BLOND37 likes this.
    11-05-2011 10:33 PM
    Depends on whether or not the HTC required a data plan. You need to find out EXACTLY what prices are going up and why (usually adding a line should only add $10 to your bill as long as you stay on the same minutes plan (although the cheapest minutes plan for family plan is 550 minutes, so that could make a difference if you were currently on a 450 minute plan the bill would go up $10 for the extra minutes, $10 for the extra line, and $15-$25 for your data plan if it needed one).
    BLOND37 likes this.
    11-05-2011 10:42 PM
    Depends on whether or not the HTC required a data plan. You need to find out EXACTLY what prices are going up and why (usually adding a line should only add $10 to your bill as long as you stay on the same minutes plan (although the cheapest minutes plan for family plan is 550 minutes, so that could make a difference if you were currently on a 450 minute plan the bill would go up $10 for the extra minutes, $10 for the extra line, and $15-$25 for your data plan if it needed one).
    yes the htc did need data..

right i went from the 450 to the 550..

it looks like this math was right..

so then i guess the first time there was an error of some sort. hmmm interesting
    i'm guessing taking texting off the samsung would drop it $10
    11-05-2011 10:49 PM
    Every time you adjust your plan in the middle of a billing cycle they "prorate" it. When AT&T prorates, they charge you for that half, and another whole billing cycle in advance. Basically AT&T charges you double. Always have, always will. I ONLY adjust my plan at the end of a cycle and have the changes start on the next cycle.

NEVER "prorate" with AT&T, do the math yourself nad you get screwed every time.
    i get the prorate thing.. i'm cool with that.. but this was the whole MONTLY bill from now until ? even after the "prorate" is "paid off".. i just see another reply.. i thimk they got it
    11-05-2011 10:50 PM
    yes the htc did need data..

right i went from the 450 to the 550..

it looks like this math was right..

so then i guess the first time there was an error of some sort. hmmm interesting
    i'm guessing taking texting off the samsung would drop it $10
    Yeah, unlimited texting is $20 for one line for $30 for the whole family plan. I have 4 lines on my plan so the family unlimited is a great deal for me!

But if you only have two lines and one doesn't text I would drop to the individual texting plan to save on money.
    11-05-2011 11:37 PM
    Yeah, unlimited texting is $20 for one line for $30 for the whole family plan. I have 4 lines on my plan so the family unlimited is a great deal for me!

But if you only have two lines and one doesn't text I would drop to the individual texting plan to save on money.

yur confusing me LOL exactly how much would i save $10? $20? or $30?

i need the "original" line to have text and the 2nd line (SGS2) not to have text.
    11-05-2011 11:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD