the SGS2 comes with 16GB internal.. (i have a 4s with tons of music and pix and apps and never went anywhere close to filling 16GB).. anyway bought a new SGS2 thursday and the ATT said it didnt have one and i should get one.. then (correct me if i am wrong) i get home and find the phone has 16Gb in it.. and i dont need the card?
    11-06-2011 12:03 PM
    The internal actually only has about 11-12 gb for storage. There is 2gb used for apps and such and ~4gb for the system. I would probably recommend buying another card. 8gb and 16gb cards are pretty cheap...but correct, you don't really need another card if you don't want one.
    11-06-2011 12:26 PM
    Unless I'm missing something you need an external SD card if you want to move apps to it. I get an error when trying to move apps to the SD card.

Sent from my SGS II
    11-06-2011 07:24 PM
    I haven't gotten an error when moving apps to the SD card. Is this something particular to a custom ROM? I've only rooted. Still on stock ROM. This would be good information for me to have because I haven't decided on a ROM yet.
    11-06-2011 11:45 PM
    the SGS2 comes with 16GB internal.. (i have a 4s with tons of music and pix and apps and never went anywhere close to filling 16GB).. anyway bought a new SGS2 thursday and the ATT said it didnt have one and i should get one.. then (correct me if i am wrong) i get home and find the phone has 16Gb in it.. and i dont need the card?
    I would recommend getting another card. It doesn't have to be big. 8G would be enough. I think it's important, for me anyway, to have an external card to back up my phone to. Even though I make copies of my backups to my PC, I don't do that as often as I back up to my external SD card on my phone. If my phone explodes, I won't lose all my stuff because it's backed up to the external SD card. For me, this is particularly important because I run an app that stores all my login usernames and passwords and I back that up to my external SD card again, in case my phone explodes:-)
    11-06-2011 11:55 PM
    You should try unNamed Rom 1.1.0 it is fantastic!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777
    11-07-2011 12:29 AM
    I've read great things about that ROM, but then someone comes along and says another ROM is better i.e. more stable. I really don't understand what the differences are between them, outside of the aesthetic stuff. I read the thread in here about the best ROM, but it seems beauty is in the eye of the beholder when it comes to ROM's. Can we start a new thread simplifying the differences between the ROM's? I think I'm more confused after reading everything I could get my hands on about them
    11-07-2011 12:36 AM
    I haven't gotten an error when moving apps to the SD card. Is this something particular to a custom ROM? I've only rooted. Still on stock ROM. This would be good information for me to have because I haven't decided on a ROM yet.
    Stock ROM. Not rooted.

Sent from my SGS II
    11-07-2011 07:46 AM
    Stock ROM. Not rooted.

Sent from my SGS II
    Hmmm. I wonder why that happens. Have you figured it out, or is it not a big deal? This is a reason I haven't installed a new ROM, though I know you haven't. It's those pesky little glitches that might pop up. Why fix it if it isn't broken:-) I'm new to Android and so figuring out what's causing quirky behavior isn't as easy for me as it is for you and a lot if other android gurus in here.
    11-07-2011 01:34 PM
    Hmmm. I wonder why that happens. Have you figured it out, or is it not a big deal? This is a reason I haven't installed a new ROM, though I know you haven't. It's those pesky little glitches that might pop up. Why fix it if it isn't broken:-) I'm new to Android and so figuring out what's causing quirky behavior isn't as easy for me as it is for you and a lot if other android gurus in here.
    I haven't really investigated too much. Still have over a gig of storage left for apps. If it starts to bother me I'll put my 8gb card in.

I've just been feeling lazy when it comes to rooting and stuff.

Sent from my SGS II
    11-07-2011 03:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD