Why upgrade to the Galaxy S2 Skyrocket?

iskor12

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Skyrocket will have a Snapdragon processor in it, which from what I have read over at the XDA forums will actually be equal to or slower than the 1.2 ghz exynos.

So essentually with the Skyrocket, you are buying a phone with a higher clock speed and a slightly larger screen that will drain the batter at even higher rates than our S2's....

So I must ask, why should I bother with this phone?

Ok...So you could argue about the phone having LTE...But AT&T only has LTE in a few cities...and it definitely isn't running at full speed. I don't know what you guys are using your phones for...but I guess if you want to burn through your 2 gigs of limited data at astounding speeds....have fun. For now, I don't see the point.

So again, I must ask, why should I bother with this phone?

Last edited:

Kiel

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
The lack of LTE in my area (Philadelphia) plus the older processor is enough reason for me to keep my GSII the way it is. I use wifi at work and at home so having the somewhat faster download speed while I'm on the train to and from work is just not worth the hassle of trading this one in.

ricktat

Oct 3, 2011
Visit site
Ok few questions>?>>>>??? what is Skyrocket?? What is a Snapdragon???? and what does LTE stand for????

Sorry..... newb:confused:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital