AT&T v. Verizon (for the long haul)

phositadc

Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
I have both AT&T and Verizon, but I am canceling one within a week or so. I have unlimited data on both. The AT&T service is actually slightly better than Verizon's (although only very slightly... Verizon's is decent where I live, too). My favorite thing about AT&T though is that I have the option of importing an international version of a phone (i.e., Galaxy Nexus) if I can't get it on AT&T. With Verizon, obviously, this is not an option... your ONLY options are the phones sold specifically for Verizon.

So my question is this. Within the next 3-5 years, LTE is going to dominate both CDMA and GSM. When this happens, will the ability to import new international phones pretty much disappear? Because presumably if AT&T does not share the LTE bands with so many other countries, as it does its GSM bands, one will not be able to import an LTE phone and have it be fully functional.

So I guess what I am asking is, for the longer-term (i.e., 3+ years down the road), which provider is going to be more desirable? Right now for me, the thing that gives AT&T the edge is the ability to import international phones. If that advantage disappears, I might as well just keep my unlimited data on Verizon...

I posted a similar message on XDA Galaxy Nexus forum because I get the impression there's not a ton of overlap between the two forums... apologies if you see it twice.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m1000