phones broke!! screen/power button problem

m.vasquez009

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
ok so i have my sgs2 for a little over a month now and everything has been awesome until last night , i was using my phone just texting and then i set my phone down for maybe 10-15 minutes then when i hit the unlock button to use it again the screen would not light up....even holding the button would not turn on/ show the off power menu, nothing would happen....the only way to get the phone back on is to do a battery pull,,,,so i thought it was just a weird bug and let it go ...well probably 40 minutes later it did it again....the phone works fine when the display is on but it seems like when i set it down for a certain amount of time the phone turns off and wont turn on even with the power button, only after pulling out battery then the button will work,..its happened 3 times since 11 oclock last night?? has anyone else heard about this problem before? and yes the phone was fully charged but after having to do a battery pull and turning the phone back on the percentage dropped about 40 percent

kenmitch

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Your not underclocking the cpu are you? If you are and set the min too low it'll do the SOD. If not then I'm not sure what it could be.

puppatron

Nov 17, 2011
Visit site
Hi, I have the same issue. Its been happening on and off for the last 8 months. Really annoying having to pull the battery all the time!

Im running gingerbread on a nexus one. I keep trying to figure out of its hardward (faulty button) or software.

Please let me know if you come across a solution.

iskor12

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
This does sound like the sleep of death syndrom...but he says that it's completely stock. Usually this only happens if you under clock or under Volt the cpu.

My advice would be to put your phone into recovery mode and reset it to factory settings. You will lose all of your data though so do a backup first...oh, wait your not rooted...Not sure what I would do then.

Mr.Gadget

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
I had a similar problem with my Infuse. However, my Infuse never did turn back on and had to be swapped out.
I think the best thing to do is to hard reset it. If that does not fix it, then take it back to where you got it. Even without an insurance policy it should be under a manufacturer warranty.

Ghazalawy

Jan 20, 2012
Visit site
Guys I just bought samsung Galaxy S2 and when I click the Power Button once it would directly restart the devise every time .......
please help

mviglesias57

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
My ATT SGSII has gone into the "sleep of death" twice over the last couple of days. Has anyone had the this problem and had the factory reset fix it? I'd rather not do that if I don't have to.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463