Netflix or dying phone?

Brunothesheep

Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
My phone likes to freeze while watching movies on Netflix. the sound will stutter, screen freezes and none of my buttons will respond. It also did it once while using the media hub. I am literally forced to take out the battery.
I've only had the phone since 10/31, so plenty of time to exchange if needed. I'm wondering if anyone else has had this issue while watching movies, or if this sounds like a bigger problem?

DroidBehavior

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
ive watched countless movies i transfered from my comp and like 10 things on media hub
no netflix
no freeze/stutter

i would replace if i were you but thats just me, i am stingy with new products

Brunothesheep

Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
ive watched countless movies i transfered from my comp and like 10 things on media hub
no netflix
no freeze/stutter

i would replace if i were you but thats just me, i am stingy with new products

I kept close watch these past two days. No stuttering or freezing over U-Verse, Media hub or movies I transfered. The problem seems to be isolated to Netflix only.

I've noticed that while Netflix is running, the phone gets very hot. Not so when watching other media. I'm going to keep a close eye on it these next two Weeks to see if the problem shows up again. If so, an exchange it is.

Thanks for your help.

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
I just watched something last night on Netflix on my phone to see if it would give me any issues. It ran just fine, and didn't get overly hot. Are you outputting it to a tv through MHL or running a custom rom?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol