Touchwiz 4 dock icons - any way to change the linked app?

Squidbert

Sep 10, 2011
Visit site
So I have used GoLauncher in the past, but before loading aftermarket launchers on to my S2, I'd like to explore the possibility of customizing the Touchwiz 4 dock. I've been using the Opera browser lately, and would like to modify the "Web" dock icon to launch Opera.

I've done some searching, and it appears that with previous versions of Touchwiz, the dock can be customized from the Settings>Edit menu. This does not appear to be an option with the version that came with my S2.

Does anyone know if this is possible on this phone, and if so, how to implement it? Thanks in advance for any advice!

KeiranSolaris

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
Yes it's easy.
Go into the application window then hit the menu button and click edit.
Now drag the application you want to use down to the dock and it'll replace the one that is currently there.

Reactions: psiclne

Squidbert

Sep 10, 2011
Visit site
I guess I was doing it wrong! Thanks for the the advice. I hadn't realized I had to go through the "Applications" dock icon to do it.

Thank you!

mraiii

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
Thank you, I was also trying to figure out if you can change the dock icons.

And thanks for the clarification. I was trying the other way and couldn't get it.

barbo

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site
I forgot to mentino that you can't eliminate or change the Apllications icon from the dock - just the other three.

JoeSII

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
Great info. Thanks! Does anyone know how to change or stop the annoying notification tune whenever there is an app downloaded to my phone. I've changed the phone ring and email notifications but can't find how to eliminate this one.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante