02-17-2012 01:05 PM
37 12
tools
    My wife and I both have iPhone 4's and are both on the 200MB data plan. I have only ever gone over once, I have wifi at home and work and it isn't a problem. Sure, I wish I had a larger data plan so I don't have to watch my data usage at all but if I can watch my data usage just a little bit and save $120 this year it is worth it to me. If you don't have wifi at work and at home, your gonna need a bigger data plan.
    Wow. That's amazing. How often do you have to check your data usage, close apps, etc? Do you shut everything down between work and home? I'm just curious. Data is running in background non stop and you're not around wifi all the time. Just curious as to how you do it.
    11-16-2011 11:19 AM
    [16/Nov][ROOTING/UNROOTING] DooMLoRD's Easy Rooting Toolkit [v3.0](zergRush Exploit) - xda-developers

I used v2. Follow instructions, as for adb drivers, windows auto installed them for me, so in 'my computer' if you see a phone icon then the drivers are installed, if not, install samsung kies air.

After root complete go to market and download root uninstall. System app, select, then back up app you are removing in case you need to unroot and reinstall. Then remove. Like magic its gone.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk
    Thanks so much for pointing me in the right direction! The whole process was really easy. Followed your instructions and finally got rid of the whole AP mobile problem in about 3 minutes.
    11-16-2011 11:22 AM
    I don't even give my wife the 200mb plan and she checks her email about once a week. Get on a real data plan if your going to have a smart phone.
    I would pay a "real data plan" if it was unlimited, and im perfectly fine with 200mb its just stupid AP mobile!
    11-16-2011 12:15 PM
    Wow. That's amazing. How often do you have to check your data usage, close apps, etc? Do you shut everything down between work and home? I'm just curious. Data is running in background non stop and you're not around wifi all the time. Just curious as to how you do it.
    I check my data usage probably a couple times a day, just to be safe but I really don't have to. I do regularly close out of unused apps (double tap the home button and remove anything down there I don't need) but my wife NEVER does that and she doesn't even have wifi at work and she has never gone above 125 MB in a month, although she uses her phone a lot less than I do.

As of right now I am 11 days into my billing cycle and I have used 75 MB of data, which is a little more than usual because I needed to use the Google Maps app (which uses data) when I got lost yesterday after going out of town to visit my sister in the hospital.
    11-16-2011 02:39 PM
    My wife and I both have iPhone 4's and are both on the 200MB data plan. I have only ever gone over once, I have wifi at home and work and it isn't a problem. Sure, I wish I had a larger data plan so I don't have to watch my data usage at all but if I can watch my data usage just a little bit and save $120 this year it is worth it to me. If you don't have wifi at work and at home, your gonna need a bigger data plan.

$10 a month. One less lunch out and that's your difference. If you smoke, that's a pack and a half less per month. If you drink, it's picking up Natty ice instead of Sam Adams Octoberfest (ok you might not want to go that far), but you get the point.
    11-16-2011 03:28 PM
    Thanks so much for pointing me in the right direction! The whole process was really easy. Followed your instructions and finally got rid of the whole AP mobile problem in about 3 minutes.
    Excellent! Nice thing is that anything you had on there stayed and didn't get deleted. Looks the same as stock, just with superuser app installed and AP gone.

When I did it, I was already at the point with a ton of apps installed, pictures, music, etc etc. Lost nothing.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk
    11-16-2011 04:59 PM
    $10 a month. One less lunch out and that's your difference. If you smoke, that's a pack and a half less per month. If you drink, it's picking up Natty ice instead of Sam Adams Octoberfest (ok you might not want to go that far), but you get the point.
    We only eat out about 1-4 times per month, and neither of us smoke or drink.
    11-16-2011 06:48 PM
    neither of us smoke or drink.
    Well you aren't much fun are ya? lol

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy SII LTE using tapatalk.
    11-16-2011 07:30 PM
    TO THE ORIGINAL POSTER:

Did it solve your problem? I have the AP news app on my phone as well, I am in Canada, on ROGERS network.

I have a 6g data plan, and 2 days after activating my Samsung S2, i recieved a 'courtesy text' from Rogers stating I was close to my data limit.
    Called customer service, and was told it was a computer error from switching from a BB (500m package) to the samsung.

Well fast forward to February and a 747$ BILL stating i have used 40g of data............. no movies, music etc.

I went thru all the apps on my phone and read the reviews and AP is HORRIBLY rated, and known as a data eater.

THEN I saw your post. I called rogers CS again and after being told to factory reset, I couldnt get thru to them , this app CAME FROM THE FACTORY, NOT MY DOWNLOADING. I was told literally 'your problem, not ours!'

WTF!
    02-15-2012 03:11 PM
    It DID work, then ATT released 2.3.6and that fixed the issues for good. I fought with ATT and they credited the data overage.
    02-15-2012 11:12 PM
    Off topic but my 2c: unless you're streaming music or videos, or never connect to wifi, 200 mb is sufficient. Although I have the 2GB plan, I struggle to exceed 150 mb/month.
    02-17-2012 07:04 AM
    Here is how I got around this bug. Drag the AP widget to a screen. Open and go to settings. Set to "update never". Close it and delete the widget. Drag the AP widget to the screen again. Open it and change the setting to "update every 3 hours". Close it and delete the widget from your screen.

The only catch I found is that if you reboot, the problem comes back. I usually turn my phone off at night so it got annoying to do this every morning.

I don't have this problem any more since I upgraded to andriod 2.3.6. ATT fixed the AP problem. But I would almost rather have it back as 2.3.6 introduced a new problem - huge battery drain form wifi radio. I now have to keep wifi turned off. Luckily I still have the unlimited data plan from when I had my blackberry.
    02-17-2012 01:05 PM
37 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD