is it my imagination or does the non-gmail stock email app only allow fetch (pull) email accounts?

i put in 2 email accounts (one was gmail) and i had to chose a time (every x mins) for it to fetch email...

is all this correct?

any work arounds?
    11-18-2011 02:06 AM
    Correct, but you can set it to poll every 5min if you must have emails quickly.
    11-18-2011 09:29 AM
    Try the MailDroid app, I think it better than the stock email & GMail app that comes preloaded on the phone plus it pushes the email with no noticeable batter drain.
    11-20-2011 02:30 PM
    Try the MailDroid app, I think it better than the stock email & GMail app that comes preloaded on the phone plus it pushes the email with no noticeable batter drain.
    hey .. i did and it literally worked for half an hour.. i have deleted and reinstalled and still doent work.. evebn tho i didnt wanna do this i prolly should have to save frustration - > fwd non gmail email to gmal and just use the gmail app
    11-22-2011 11:54 AM
    hey .. i did and it literally worked for half an hour.. i have deleted and reinstalled and still doent work.. evebn tho i didnt wanna do this i prolly should have to save frustration - > fwd non gmail email to gmal and just use the gmail app
    I set gmail up to automatically retrieve my hotmail account mail every 30 minutes. Then I set up a label for it so my gmail (real email) doesn't get full of stuff I don't care about.

And using the gmail app it all gets pushed as it hits my inbox.

Sent from my SGS II
    11-22-2011 05:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD