CD player cell phone car mount - thoughts?

chmcke01

Oct 29, 2011
Visit site
This cd player mount for the car has gotten great reviews, overall. What do you think? I don't want a suction cup mount and dash or vent mounts won't work in my car. This seems like a good alternative.

Mountek CD Slot Mount MT5000-C, Universal Hands Free Car Mount for Cell Phones, Satellite Radios & GPS Devices:Amazon:GPS & Navigation

I never heard of such a thing until I saw your post, but after reading the reviews I plan to buy one for myself when I finally get my SGS2 in December.

sdmark

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
I actually bought this one a month or so ago...I really like it! It doesn't stand out as much as windshield or dash mounts. I'd highly recommend it.

tunie

Phhhhbbbbtttt
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, I was thinking it looks pretty good. There was one complaint about it ruining some sort of foam lining inside someone's CD player after using it for about 8 months. I don't know how significant that is, so I'm a little leery of it. Still, I don't think I have any other options.

Thanks for posting about your experience sdmark. I appreciate the feedback:)

tunie

Phhhhbbbbtttt
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
I never heard of such a thing until I saw your post, but after reading the reviews I plan to buy one for myself when I finally get my SGS2 in December.

I'm going to grab one too. I was hoping there would be more feedback about it in here, but the feedback on the listing itself is probably good enough. People seem to love it. I'm sure I will too...

chmcke01

Oct 29, 2011
Visit site
I'm going to grab one too. I was hoping there would be more feedback about it in here, but the feedback on the listing itself is probably good enough. People seem to love it. I'm sure I will too...

When you get one let me know if you think it will work in my car? I am worried that my vents protrude too much. My dash looks almost exactly like this:

http://images.gtcarlot.com/pictures/38541690.jpg

TwinSac

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
I've had the CD Mont for about three Weeks now. I love it. Its not a study so imagined but its sturdy enough. The phone doesn't bounce around at all while driving and that's all that matters.

The part that physically inserts into the CD player is quite shallow. It its not even choose to where the CD would be (I don't own a single disk). I use it in landscape mode as a GPS which also give me easy access to incoming calls.

tunie

Phhhhbbbbtttt
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
When you get one let me know if you think it will work in my car? I am worried that my vents protrude too much. My dash looks almost exactly like this:

Maybe someone who has one can measure how far it protrudes from the CD player in their car. I'll certainly do that for you when I get it. It might work for you because you can place it in the CD player in either an up or down position so, if the dash interferes, you can put it in the other way, with the part that goes into the CD player on top. Most of the phone then would be over your ac/heat/radio controls. It looks like it sticks out far enough though, so you could still reach those controls. It also swivels, so you'd be able to face it toward you to see it easier.

I have never used the CD player in my car and it's perfectly positioned for my phone. I drive a Honda Element.

tunie

Phhhhbbbbtttt
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
I've had the CD Mont for about three Weeks now. I love it. Its not a study so imagined but its sturdy enough. The phone doesn't bounce around at all while driving and that's all that matters.

The part that physically inserts into the CD player is quite shallow. It its not even choose to where the CD would be (I don't own a single disk). I use it in landscape mode as a GPS which also give me easy access to incoming calls.

Do you know how far it sticks out from the CD player? I'm glad to hear you say the phone doesn't bounce around. I read that in some of the reviews, but I like hearing it from someone in here. It does seem sturdy and I really like that it won't interfere with my vents and that I don't have to drill holes or take anything apart to install it. Is it pretty easy to take off in case you want to use it in another car?

sdmark

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
The only issue I have with mine is I have to put it in my cd slot upside down (the mount spins 360? though) as the screw to tighten it in interferes with my volume control. Not a big deal though, still works fine. I can't measure it right now, but I'd say it goes into the cd slot 3/4"-1" and the mount sticks out ~1-2". I have never used my cd player, so I'm not worried about it damaging...I'm glad I can finally use it for something:)

As far as the sturdiness I think it comes down to how smooth your car ride is. In my opinion the mount is extremely solid and only moves/shakes as much as the car does. I've accidentally hit with my hand while shifting and it doesn't budge at all. It feels very high quality.

I use mine in portrait mode, but you can snap the bottom clip off if you want to use it in landscape.

It will work just fine on the car pictured above. It literally takes 3 seconds to install/uninstall. All you do is twist the knob.

tunie

Phhhhbbbbtttt
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
I've attached some pictures in case anyone wanted to see what this looks like in action. I put the original phone case in it because I had to use my phone to take the pictures. I got mine in 3 days! It sticks out from the dash about 2.5". I tried it with the CD insert on top and on the bottom and the bottom works better for me. I can't adjust it down enough when it's installed up. It does cover my radio, but I have volume and channel controls on my steering wheel so it's not a big deal If I do want to see the radio, I have to remove the phone. I use it in landscape mostly, but portrait sometimes, as well. It sure is nice having my phone right where I need it and so glad I can use my CD player for something. I'll wrap the wires soon. I don't spread the bracket apart to remove and insert my phone because it easily slides in and out. It doesn't shake or vibrate at all. It's in there solid. I love this thing.

tunie

Phhhhbbbbtttt
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site

I think it'll work just fine. If you install it with the CD insert up though, it will cover your radio controls. You can move it a bit, but you probably won't be able to access some of the buttons. I can't tell how far out your vents are protruding, but it doesn't look like more than 1.5-2" and this device sticks out more than that. If you install it with the CD insert on the bottom, then your radio controls will be clear for access and it looks like only a little bit of your vents might be behind the phone. I can't be sure, but I think it'll work.

chmcke01

Oct 29, 2011
Visit site
I think it'll work just fine. If you install it with the CD insert up though, it will cover your radio controls. You can move it a bit, but you probably won't be able to access some of the buttons. I can't tell how far out your vents are protruding, but it doesn't look like more than 1.5-2" and this device sticks out more than that. If you install it with the CD insert on the bottom, then your radio controls will be clear for access and it looks like only a little bit of your vents might be behind the phone. I can't be sure, but I think it'll work.

From your pictures I think it will work just fine. Thanks!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cy3berOdyssey