When I first got this phone never had issues... Now when I open up Google Navigation it just sits at waiting for location forever and does nothing or finds me starts to navigate and says "GPS signal lost". I power the phone on and off reopen Google Navigation finds me instantly and works fine.

What gives?
    11-21-2011 12:53 PM
    Ive only used the Google nav once but it took around 3-5 minutes for it to lock on. After that it seemed to navigate ok. I just dont think Sammy has the best GPS out there IMO.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk
    11-21-2011 04:36 PM
    hmm, my gps has been nothing but spectacular. I can get a hold a lock within a few seconds everytime.

I've had phones in the past that need a reboot every so often for the gps to work. might be a bug or another rogue app?
    11-21-2011 09:15 PM
    Mine locks on within a few seconds and most comments I have seen are similar.
    11-22-2011 10:58 AM
    Try running an app like GPS test first. It will let you know what kind of signal you have and also speed up time to lock.
    11-22-2011 11:53 AM
    When I first got this phone never had issues... Now when I open up Google Navigation it just sits at waiting for location forever and does nothing or finds me starts to navigate and says "GPS signal lost". I power the phone on and off reopen Google Navigation finds me instantly and works fine.

What gives?
    My GPS locks quickly and works fine... most of the time. However, a few times I had the exact same problem. GPS Test sees the satellites but no lock on. After rebooting, works fine again. So not unique issue.
    11-22-2011 04:55 PM
    having same issues as well... works then does not work.. really random. I downloaded fasterfix and it seemed to help for a little while
    11-23-2011 03:54 PM
    I use navigation fairly frequently and I've only had an occasional problem a handful of times.

I task kill everything and everything seems to work fine.
    11-23-2011 05:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD