Ok so I have been thinking since the release of the iPhone 4s that I am wanting a change from my iPhone 4 but can not see myself going for a phone that looks the exact same just has internal differences. I tried the Motorola Atrix when it came out for a couple of weeks but the battery life was just not there and did not care for the phone. I am now looking at the Samsung Galaxy S2 or the Samsung Galaxy Skyrocket in place of my iPhone 4 but just not sure which one to go with or if it will be worth the change. I use my phone as a everyday phone and that includes business use, a lot of texting, emailing and phone calls. Want the phone that will give me the best battery life as well as the best bang for the buck. I live in South Florida and not sure when we will be getting the 4g LTE and that was another draw back from selecting which samsung to go with. The last thing is the pictures, I do take a lot of photos and the iPhone 4 has not let me down at all in that department and just want to make sure that the Samsung will be just as good if not even better than going with the new iPhone. Thank you in advance for any help.
    11-22-2011 11:28 AM
    I think I can help. I had my iPhone 4 for 16 months and now have an iPhone 4s. Without Siri, I bet 4 of 5 people wouldn't be able to tell the difference. I can tell a speed difference but I'm about 25 smarthphones in over 6 years. Don't get me wrong, the 4S is an amazing device, but so is the 4. So good call on looking at the GS2.

I bought GS2 and instantly liked it (except for the crapware). But then I thought I might as well go big or go home so I returned it and got the SkyRocket. I liked it a lot! The extra screen real estate is really nice but doesn't look quite as good since it has the same resolution. After using it a few days, I had a few issues with it: It felt a little too big in the hand and I found myself using two hands quite a bit and oddly enough didn't with the GS2 even though it's not much smaller. Also, the screen auto brightness was very janky on the SR and I had to turn off auto. So I found myself manually adjusting a lot during the day. Lastly, it may have only been my device but the camera IMO was not anywhere near as good as the S2 (and I realize it's probably the same camera but mine was not taking good pics).

And probably not as relavent, I was obsessing about the Exynos processor vs the SnapDragon and I was convinced my original S2 was a little speedier!

So I returned the SR and got the original back again and am happy with my decision. It's very very light and very fast and will feel good in the hand as soon as my Skinomi skin arrives for better grip. The camera takes great pics (although I know setting adjustment will make them even better). iPhone does better in low light but I'd say the GS2 is just as good for overall pics.

The screen is amazing and the black levels are stunning.

Basically, they're both great phones. Skyrocket will be better if you surf the internet a lot. GS2 IMO is better for overall convergence.

Let me know if I can answer any specifics.
    HTH!
    11-22-2011 07:18 PM
    The SGS2 is the best phone I've ever owned, the Android OS is powerful and flexible, the hardware is the best in its class and very fast, and the camera is amazing in quality with both pictures and hi-def video...but if the "best" battery life is your number one priority, the phone may not be for you. Not sure how the iPhone 4 is on battery life, but with a phone as powerful as the SGS2, it tends to use some juice. That said, I can still get through each day until I'm back on the charger when I go to bed with a little to spare, and I don't compromise my enjoyment of the device by endlessly tweaking it in search of extended battery life (shutting off services, disabling sync, etc). And I have a couple extra batteries in case I find myself away from a charger for more than a day.
    11-23-2011 03:44 PM
    Agree with Netwerx. The battery is frustrating me though. It's 5:20 and just got the low battery warning after a day of light usage. My Nexus S could withstand medium usage daily and only be at about 50% at bedtime.
    An extra battery only costs about $20 so it's probably not going to be a deal breaker but it's still a little annoying. Especially reading all the stories about 2 days on a charge.
    11-23-2011 04:25 PM
    Two Hyperion batteries plus charger for $25 on Amazon...best investment yet! The guys getting two days on a charge are the tweakers that are obsessed with battery life...and make their powerful device just a bit less powerful in their quest. I'm not going to do that. I have my brightness on a setting I like, I have sync and wifi and GPS and BT enabled so they are always ready, and I use themes and widgets I want.
    11-23-2011 04:30 PM
    I'm pretty happy with my SGSII so far. I can make it through a full day just like I could with my iPhone. I really dont think I'll see LTE in my area for a while and I think 4.3 inches is about the max I would go so the SR didnt appeal to me. You'll save a little money if you go with the original Galaxy S II too!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk
    11-23-2011 05:22 PM
    Two Hyperion batteries plus charger for $25 on Amazon...best investment yet! The guys getting two days on a charge are the tweakers that are obsessed with battery life...and make their powerful device just a bit less powerful in their quest. I'm not going to do that. I have my brightness on a setting I like, I have sync and wifi and GPS and BT enabled so they are always ready, and I use themes and widgets I want.
    Got a link for those batteries?
    11-24-2011 04:52 PM
    2nd the link for the batteries.
    11-24-2011 05:53 PM
    Amazon.com: Hyperion AT&T Samsung Galaxy S II 4G 2 x Battery + Charger: Cell Phones & Accessories

Not too difficult to go to Amazon and search Hyperion Galaxy S2. Nice find, too, I might order tonight.
    11-24-2011 07:55 PM
    im being a little slow here so dont get mad but im confused, is it two 1800 mAh put into the phone at once or each one individually?
    11-24-2011 09:54 PM
    im being a little slow here so dont get mad but im confused, is it two 1800 mAh put into the phone at once or each one individually?
    one at a time...just spare batteries on the go. i.e for traveling, long days on the road etc...
    sucram6791 likes this.
    11-24-2011 10:55 PM
    Amazon.com: Hyperion AT&T Samsung Galaxy S II 4G 2 x Battery + Charger: Cell Phones & Accessories

Not too difficult to go to Amazon and search Hyperion Galaxy S2. Nice find, too, I might order tonight.
    Thanks for the link. You can skip the comment though. You would have looked a lot more helpful. Actually it's not a typically easy search. Hyperion cell phone, Hyperion battery, Hyperion galaxy, Hyperion galaxy S2, Hyperion galaxy S2 ATT ALL don't produce the (you'd think obvious) results (at least not in my browser). That's why I posted the question, not because I'm lazy.
    11-25-2011 02:53 PM
    Here's a single battery too guys.
    H_D likes this.
    11-25-2011 03:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD