Question going from iPhone 3GS to GS2

ppeklak

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
I'm currently grandfathered into an unlimited data plan with iPhone 3GS on ATT. Can I carry this unlimited over to a 4G GS2 plan? Will I need a new SIM card?

Thanks for any help!

Dr Triffid

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site
The main answer is "yes." However, ordering the phone through websites or going to big-box stores and the like could end up with your data plan being limited. A call to AT&T will fix it, but I went to an AT&T store to ensure that the process went smoothly.

I had an iPhone with the unlimited plan and had been out of contract since February. I used an Android phone from Craigslist with no problems until I bought the GSII in early October. The unlimited plan survived through it all, and we remain happily together.

ppeklak

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
Well I may be getting the GS2 at Sam's Club through the website so in person is out of the question. glad to know I can always call AT&T and get it fixed though.

njr

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
Yes and Yes if you haven't replaced your SIM this year you should get the new SIM. It is not mandatory for the GS2 as it is for any LTE device, but always a good idea to upgrade it.