Ok, I'm trying to make some choices on my next phone (leaving apple):

I keep hearing that both SGS2 and SGS2 SR will both keep ICS...then I hear/read that SGS2 will get it first bc more folks have it. Then I saw on AT&T that it was confirmed that SGS2 SR was getting it.

I also remember reading somewhere (sorry can't remember where) that ICS was coming in Q1 2012 (which isn't that bad of a wait.) People keep saying that the android devs will have a CM before AT&T actually releases it but they aren't sure if the SR will get the CM bc of the different internals???

Everyone says don't buy a phone based on what it will get but what it has. Well I just can't seem to think like that bc there is a new/better OS out and if I get a phone I want to get a timely update if possible.

Thanks in advance for the information.

EDIT:

Just found this:

http://androidadvices.com/android-ic...#comment-37130
    11-24-2011 06:01 PM
    idk if this is true or not but either way i want to believe this

and even though it says galaxy s 2, it's actually the euro version but it could also be for the u.s. one (i hope)

but either way itll have to go through at&t too so that they can load the bloatware on it
    11-24-2011 09:58 PM
    Samsung has said the sgsii will get ICS. They were talking about the euro version. But our version (not the skyrocket) is closest to the international version.

That doesn't mean we'll get it first, or even soon, since att has to approve the update. That can take forever.

I would guess that we'll have cm9 before an officially released version (and will probably get a couple of leaks along the way, too).

Sent from my SGS II
    11-24-2011 10:07 PM
    I'm happy with what's on my phone right now, but if ICS turns out to be a must-have for me, well ... I'm sure rootromming will get it on my GSII faster than AT&T will.
    11-24-2011 11:37 PM
    Valid...When I get my SGS2 or SGS2 SR soon, I'm going to be asking lot of questions bc I'm extremely new to Android but will want to root and add custom features. I was thinking of ordering a Note or Nexus but I can't stomach losing my warranty and being SOL.
    11-25-2011 01:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD