Question about 3.5G speed

ppeklak

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
I just got a GS2 (loooooove it) - i'm coming from a iphone 3gs with unlimited. my question isn't about unlimited data (ATT transferred this over to the GS2).

my question is im still using my normal 3GS SIM...do i need an upgraded SIM to get the 3.5G speeds or do i need to talk to ATT about getting my plan updated to "4G" speeds? right now im getting like 1-3 mbits on speedtest.

thanks for any help!

ChuckeeDroid

Sep 9, 2011
Visit site
I have an LTE sim card. My old sim wasn't compatible. It was a 3g card.
Currently getting about 23 mbps with Rogers and their network isn't fully switched on yet.

Sent from my GT-P7510

sucram6791

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
I have an LTE sim card. My old sim wasn't compatible. It was a 3g card.
Currently getting about 23 mbps with Rogers and their network isn't fully switched on yet.

Sent from my GT-P7510
he's talking about at&t

and there are lte sim cards but your phone doesnt have lte, unless you meant you have the skyrocket

jjb70

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
I briefly had the Skyrocket. I was using my iPhone 4 micro sim with an adapter. They put me on the "4G" plan as I could not get any data at first with my current plan. Once on that mysterious 4G plan, I was getting about 8-10 down and LTE is nowhere near my city.

Then I switched back to the GS2 and the "Smartphone Personal Unlimited" plan and I can barely get over 1 down using the exact same SIM. So why am I getting HSPA+ speeds with one phone and not with another if LTE is not a factor? Gotta be either something different with the GS2 or the plans actually make a difference. (like ISP plans with different speeds)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz