Just bought the phone yesterday, and I noticed that this is the 2nd Samsung phone that is having these WiFi issues.

Sorry of this has been asked before, but I couldn't find it. Google is no help as the searches weren't specific to SGS2 for AT&T.

I can connect to wifi, but the speeds are horrendous! I have a 60mb connection at home connected to my wireless router.

Every phone, iPhone 3GS, iPod, HTC Inspire, iPhone 4S - all have no wifi issues resulting in slow download speeds. Each having a download speed of 5-7 mb or more.

The SGSII, gives me the following results when connected to WiFi:

and the connections just don't get anywhere near what my other phones can get in download speeds. AND - this is my second Samsung phone in 3 weeks. 3 weeks ago I had the Infuse 4G, and it had the same issue. Took it back. Then got the SGS2 on special , but I'm thinking of taking it back before my 14 days is up if nothing can be solved.

When its off WiFi I can get 3-5mps down/.85mps up.

Is this an issue that a custom ROM can fix?

Are there Radios that can fix this WiFi issue?

Thanks for your help.
    11-29-2011 05:41 PM
    My wifi flies. I can max out my home network 6-8 mb and work network > 20 mb on my GS2.
    11-29-2011 08:38 PM
    My wifi speeds are fine, but compared to my old iPhone4 the wifi is not as sensitive (not as strong for the same location). At home that isn't a problem since my router is in the middle of the house, but at work my wifi on the GS2 is marginal in places where I could get reliable wifi on the iPhone. HSPA+ is strong at work so I just turn wifi off.
    If you sit in the same room as your router, do the speeds increase or is it slow no matter what? I didn't see a picture of your speeds on wifi. What are you getting?
    11-30-2011 02:24 AM
    Sometimes something strange like rebooting your router will cure bad wifi issues. If you didn't try it yet then try and see. My SGS2 also will tap my wifi connection out.
    11-30-2011 10:29 AM
    Ok, so what I'm assuming, your phones can get download speeds better than what I have. This must be a hardware problem then.

I've been to several locations: AT&T Hotspots, Open Pubs, Friends, Work, and it results in the same wifi download speeds.
    11-30-2011 10:35 AM
    I have the same problem that you describe. I have trouble getting a wifi signal and if I do, the speed it awful. I have other devices (Kindle Fire, iPad2, and 3Gs) that pick up the signal fine but the GSII doesn't. It usually sucks so bad that I switch off wifi and use 3g.
    11-30-2011 10:42 AM
    Not sure on my speeds but the signal reception is not as good as others at work with Iphones.
    11-30-2011 11:49 AM