Not impressed

SoreAintya

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
Just got my SGSII yesterday, I've probably logged over 10 hours on it since. I know I'll get flamed for this but..Meh, Im not really impressed.
I came from an Inspire and have to say I liked the screen better. I've got a green tint on this phone at times and badly noticeable at an angle. Not sure if this is normal or a bad phone. Web pages are hard to read, letters being "fuzzy" unless zoomed in a lot (on the HTC I would double tap and it'd zoom on perfectly).
It's honestly too light if that makes sense, uncomfortable to hold with no weight to "sink" in to your hand. I told my wife I need a case with girth to make it comfortable. It just feels flimsy, like it'll break at any moment.

Im sure I'll get used to all this, but out of the box..meh .

hanly2

Nov 4, 2011
Visit site
I don't think you have a bad phone at all. I jusr got 3 sg2s and I lined them all up side by side with my droid incredible and all the whites have the greenish tint you are talking about. The whites on the htc are whiter but the screen on the htc also has that washed look making the blacks look greyer. They all look good just different.

Reactions: SoreAintya

brendonlee

May 11, 2011
Visit site
Also, to allow double tapping to format web pages to your screen, go to browser..settings.. enable auto-fit pages

Sent from my AT&T Samsung Galaxy SII

j-bo

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
I don't think you have a bad phone at all. I jusr got 3 sg2s and I lined them all up side by side with my droid incredible and all the whites have the greenish tint you are talking about. The whites on the htc are whiter but the screen on the htc also has that washed look making the blacks look greyer. They all look good just different.

Then you have 3 bad phones or the rest of us are blessed with the really good ones.

No green tint on mine or my 5 other friends who have the SGII. I have poor eyesight up close, but I don't see any fuzziness either. I do use a high brightness (not max, but close) on the screen though, maybe that helps.

tunie

Phhhhbbbbtttt
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
I don't have any discoloration at all on my S2. What background are you using? Not that that should matter, but I'm just curious. My screen is clearer and more true to color than any other phone I've ever owned. I could be wrong, but it does sound like you got a bad phone. Otherwise, they'd all have a green tint and mine just doesn't.

I have to say, coming from Blackberry, the S2 and Android took a little getting used to. I don't think I felt completely comfortable with it for about 4 weeks. It is very light and for me, difficult to hold onto, which is why I bought a case. That makes all the difference, for me anyway. Still, if the form factor is making you unhappy, just keep trying phones until you find one that works best for you. You have to be happy with your phone. It's like, if something's wrong with your feet, all's wrong with the world. Okay, weird analogy, but it's germane:)

hanly2

Nov 4, 2011
Visit site
if you turn your phones off and compared the screen to the screen on a htc phone you will see that your phone most def has a black/green screen. Where the htc has a black/grey screen. I doubt that i got 3 bad phones.

tunie

Phhhhbbbbtttt
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
I don't have an HTC to compare it to but, I guess for me, it looks beautiful as it is. I don't see green or any other shade, so it's a non-issue. I understand that, if everything on the screen has a pronounced green cast over it, it would be disturbing. I just don't see it on mine. If I did, I'd be irritated and would return it.

ttlphotography

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
Theres an app in market called "screen adjuster". It gives you control over red, green, blue & brightness individually.
I've used it a couple times to make some movie files easier to see for me. It may help in your situation.

derande

Aug 5, 2010
Visit site
I upgraded to the GS2 from a Captivate which had the best screen I've ever seen. I thought it would be impossible to get better but my GS2 is absolutely amazing. Couldn't be happier.

thebizz

phone addict
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
I've had the Droid 1-3 fascinate dinc2 and g2x and all I can say is this is the best phone and most beautiful screen I've seen on a phone colors pop its light slim and very fast comparing it to the d3 makes me sad I didn't switch sooner this is such a great Phone. Honestly i thought the lower Res screen would be an issue. Its not I like that everything is bigger makes it much easier to read text hit buttons etc

Last edited:

j-bo

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
if you turn your phones off and compared the screen to the screen on a htc phone you will see that your phone most def has a black/green screen. Where the htc has a black/grey screen. I doubt that i got 3 bad phones.

Sorry...checked it this way against my sons HTC Inspire. No green and quite frankly, I'm very happy I have this screen against the HTC inspires... my son agrees, but he has another year before upgrade.

Good luck.. hope you find something that you're happy with. As said above, maybe try the screen adjuster app.

hanly2

Nov 4, 2011
Visit site
I am glad that you guys don't see the green tint, I was just trying to help the guy out, his phone is not bad, as a matter of fact if you google it you will find numerous threads describing this exact thing. and a explanation. I was not complaining about it, I think it looks great.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
w8wca