Been searching around and seem to have a hard time finding a cradle that will hold the phone, and charge as well as have an FM transmitter (very handy when traveling in rental cars lol). For my iPhone I have this cheap little thing I got off Amazon and just connects (plug it in on the bottom) and streams FM.

But I'm trying to find more of a dock/cradle for the SGII. I found some like:
    http://www.amazon.com/GTMax-Transmitter-Holder-Micro-USB-Charger/dp/B005CGKIPE/ref=sr_1_27?s=wireless&ie=UTF8&qid=1322683093&sr=1-27

FM Transmitter Car Charger For Samsung Galaxy S II i9100,Infuse 4G, iPhone 4S 4G (886489061158) | eBay

3.5mm FM Transmitter Car Charger For Samsung galaxy S II 2 i9100/i777,Infuse 4G (886489061158) | eBay

Problem is there are all these "cradles" all over ebay and amazon, but they all use the same exact pictures, description, even spec's... yet one will say it doesn't fit the AT&T version, and another says it does (when they all have the same SKU and UPC code).

I mean these are the spec's for the i9100 and i777:
    Samsung Galaxy SGH i777: Dimensions 126 x 66 x 8.9 mm Weight 121.9 g
    Samsung Galaxy S II i9100: Dimensions 125.3 x 66.1 x 8.5 mm Weight 116 g

so how does the cradles for the i9100 not fit the i777, yet the same cradles for the i9100 fit even the iphones and larger/bulkier Androids models????
    11-30-2011 02:04 PM
    They are universal holders. I'm pretty sure you won't have an issue. The port that is used is just the standard 3.5 mm jack.
    12-01-2011 08:56 AM
    They are universal holders. I'm pretty sure you won't have an issue. The port that is used is just the standard 3.5 mm jack.
    That's what I figured... I was like wait how could all these products with the same codes (i.e. same device) fit one phone and not another. Sellers pry have no idea, especially when they list the same products working with the i9100 as well as heavier bulkier phones like the skyrocket, or odd shaped like BBs, or even the iPhones... but not the i777 version lol.

Thanks
    12-01-2011 09:31 AM
    As far as FM radio, I have a couple radio apps and I have my favorite 10 or so stations from around the country on them. TunedIn, Nobex Radio Companion, and iHeartRadio. The only drawback is when you have no cell signal, you cant use em....but thats what my music library on my device is for.
    12-01-2011 12:40 PM
    As far as FM radio, I have a couple radio apps and I have my favorite 10 or so stations from around the country on them. TunedIn, Nobex Radio Companion, and iHeartRadio. The only drawback is when you have no cell signal, you cant use em....but thats what my music library on my device is for.
    I mainly use the fm transmitter on my iPhone to stream Pandora, so that way I have a ton of stations as I don't really keep music on the phone.

Great when I'm traveling and have no idea what stations or what around me, if I wanted some heavy rock, just turn the Killswitch Engage station on . But I even use it primarily even over our stations where I live.
    12-01-2011 12:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD