I am new to Android coming from the Windows Mobile platform for years. There are a lot of things I like about Android but I am also having some issues with this phone. Looking for feedback on solutions.

Screen Lock - very irratic results. Most times it works fine. One time when I was using a the music player with live graphics (playing MP3's) I could not unlock the phone from the touch screen due to my locations showing up were way below where I was touching. Sometimes I can just touch anywhere and it is unlock anyway?

Phone - I work in a steel building and it is not uncommon for me to loose phone signal about 20% of the time. I have had a few times where the phone will not come back unless I reboot the phone or turn on and off airplane mode. I have had this twice in a week.

Not smooth operation - most of the time the phone it great but sometimes it seems really bogged down and sluggish. I clear the memory and that helps but most of the time there is only a few apps running. Is this normal? I have been running live wallpapers. Maybe I should turn that off and see what happens?
    12-04-2011 07:24 AM
    If you have the GS II I am very surprised it is sluggish, I am continually amazed at how responsive it is. Although I would not think a live wallpaper would significantly slow it down you might want to remove it, for battery life if nothing else.
    12-04-2011 08:33 AM
    The problem with clearing memory with android, is the OS will reopen numerous programs itself...this is why task killers are generally not recommended with Android (unless you need to kill rogue apps individually)
    I've read on some other forums that people have laggy homescreens and they had to replace the phone. maybe you got a lemon?
    12-04-2011 09:27 AM
    I just got my SGII and have to say it's extremely smooth and fluid, iOS may have a very slight edge in fluidness, but I'm impressed with the SGII
    12-04-2011 10:15 AM
    I agree with SD mark. I dont close apps like kill them. I just always back out to the home screen instead of pressing the home button. Backing out I believe closes the app because it won't show up on your task manager. If you just hit the home button it will be on the task manager.

Sent from my Samsung galaxy S2 using Tapatalk
    12-04-2011 10:27 AM
    Should not be bogged down or sluggish at all. Maybe try a hard reset and start again. If it's still sluggish, something is definitely wrong with the phone. Responsiveness should be almost instantaneous. (on this phone that is- plenty of Android phones are sluggish)
    12-04-2011 11:58 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD