Hey guys,
    I've gone from the 3gs to the s2 and so far as a whole i've been happy with the change. However one thing I do miss is the automatic adjustment that the iphone would do when reading emails. Is there a setting that will make the words in an email not be cut in the middle of a word and then continue it on the next line? It drives me crazy, there has to be a setting to fix this...
    Thank you for your help!

**EDIT** I notice this happening on my yahoo account
    12-07-2011 10:29 AM
    Are you reading email in the email app or in the browser? The email app does not have this (bafflingly) but the browser has "Auto Fit Pages" setting for zooming in.
    12-07-2011 02:13 PM
    I was reading it in the email app. It really is baffling that with all of this "cutting technology" they wod overlook simple functional characteristics. Thank you for the response, I guess I'll just have to deal with it.
    12-07-2011 02:26 PM
    I use K-9 Mail because it provides many more options than the stock app or gmail; attachments for one thing, but there are many, many more customization options. You can set it to pinch-to-zoom html email, preview email, etc. I like it, but I don't know if it's what you're looking for. It's a bit of a pain to set up but, once that's done, it's a nice app to use.
    12-08-2011 12:50 AM
    I had the same annyoance as well, usually happens with the ad emails with images in it, doesn't get auto-fit but text-only emails seems to be fine. One thing I do is, that I zoom-out the emails as much as I can with one motion and then when it zooms in automatically, it fits the pane. May be this will help your issue as well.
    01-12-2012 03:11 PM
    I dont seem to have this issue. I have the email widget on my homescreen & also the k-9 app & I'm not seeing cut off words in any of my messages. They wrap to the next line. Is this the email client you're using? Or did you download some yahoo app?

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S II

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S II
    01-12-2012 03:47 PM
    Dunno what app he's using, but I'm using the standard Gmail app and it doesn't do this. I had always heard people gushing over Gmail on Android, then I get my GS2 and not a single HTML formatted email shows up correctly. I always have to scroll to the right and down to view the whole thing. Pinching to zoom out doesn't seem to function either. Absolutely baffling.

I'll check out K-9 though.
    01-21-2012 12:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD