Manual lock shutdown issue

rupst2

Jul 24, 2011
Visit site
Anyone found a solution to this issues? If manually lock my screen with the power button sometimes the phone will shut off. Not when I lock it but shortly after. If I let the OS screen timeout lock and never has this issue. Sadly I've gotten in the habit of never manually locking to make sure my phone stays on and this take a bit of a hit on the battery. It's not critical just annoying. I've seen similar issues like this reported but they were checking out the battery and other things and it seems to be completely software related. I'm sure it will be cleared up when CM9 is released and I updated. I'm just running stock OS right now.

jess.hickey

Nov 23, 2010
Visit site
just a shot in the dark, but are you using any kind of case that may be holding the power button in when you push it? Possibly a piece of trash around the power button?

tunie

Phhhhbbbbtttt
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
I haven't had this problem but, to make things easier, you can download Screen Lock Widget from the market. You can turn the screen off by pressing the widget. There is also another widget I like called No Lock. It eliminates the lock screen so that when I wake up my phone, I don't have to swipe the lock screen.

One thing I'm curious about is, after you press the power button, do you see the second power off window that pops up? In order for your phone to turn off, you have to press ok on that second screen. If you're not seeing that second power off window, you must have some sort of glitch going on. If that's the case, you can try a soft reset on your phone. Turn it off, remove the battery and let it sit for at least 30 seconds without the battery and not plugged in. Put the battery back in, fire up your phone and see if it still does it. Good luck!:)

rupst2

Jul 24, 2011
Visit site
thanks for all the suggestions. I've tried all this stuff. It's completely random but definitely only if I manually lock. No turn off screen. I'm not 100% certain if its shutting off when locked all the time or shutting of when I hit the button to unlock. I know there are other reports of it but their troubleshooting is always going in the wrong direction. I'm not too worried because it's definitely no hardware related and will be fixed with some ice cream one way or another.