After doing a ton of reading about AP Mobile sucking up tons of data (71.4% of my overall data usage) I came to the conclusion that my only option would be to root and do something about it myself. I just completed rooting using the sticky and associated files at the top of the forum (I was scared but boy was it easy... I laughed at myself afterwards) I now have some questions:

1) My boot splash screen now has a yellow triangle with an ! in it and shows GT-i9100 and I know the AT&T version is the i777. Is this a problem?

2) What is the best way to deal with AP Mobile. I know some people freeze it and some have removed it. What software do I use and what approach is best to take.

3) Is there any preinstalled AT&T bloatware that is NOT safe to uninstall?
    12-08-2011 11:20 AM
    1. that is normal. follow this guide if you want it removed.

2. download titanium backup in the market and freeze the app.

3. i flashed unnamed 1.3.1 and all att bloatware has been removed so it is safe to say that they are all safe to uninstall.
    12-08-2011 11:28 AM
    I didn't root it because of AP Mobile, I simply put it on my desktop and set it to 3 hour refresh, and since then no problems (though I had to go to ATT and asked for a refund on my overage charge, which they did). But you're way past that now!
    12-08-2011 12:32 PM
    Before you delete any pre-installed apps, make sure you won't need them for OTA updates. Some OS updates won't update if the original system is altered. You can always bypass this by flashing a custom ROM, but I don't know if you want to go through all that.

As polobreaka said, freeze all the bloatware with Titanium Backup Pro. It's well worth the money just for that, but the backup features are awesome too. Just don't freeze any OS stuff:-) I've only used 345 MB in a week of my billing cycle. I come in at just over a gig every month and that's using apps I -want- to use, not what they try to force on me.
    12-08-2011 02:13 PM