Hello,

Is there any App that will allow the phone to ring even if it's in silent mode for only selected contacts? I know this function existed within BB world but didn't see it on SSG2.

Thanks
    12-09-2011 11:21 AM
    Hello,

Is there any App that will allow the phone to ring even if it's in silent mode for only selected contacts? I know this function existed within BB world but didn't see it on SSG2.

Thanks
    Try Llama. Its free and thats what I use it for. I have it set to silent for my "bedtime" profile but you can choose contacts who will ring right through like normal. Works great for me!
    12-09-2011 11:21 PM
    Thanks but this is sort of like what I am looking for where you can mute all calls except for certain important phone numbers.

[https://market.android.com/details?i...lsZW50VGltZSJd

Silent time seems to be working OK for now.
    12-10-2011 02:21 PM
    I loved this feature on my BB and really missed it on the S2, along with a notification led. But, I found an app that works great. It's "Who Is It". You can get it in the market. It's not free, but I couldn't live without it. When I silence my phone, it still allows calls from all my family members and close friends to come through. I needed it because I wanted to make sure they could all reach me in an emergency. I also assigned different ringtones to each one so that when they do call, I know who it is by the tone. The email ringtone alert doesn't work anymore since Google blocked third party apps from access, but I can live with that. You can try it free to see if it works for you.
    12-11-2011 10:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD