Refurbished GSII

erwaso

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
Whenever I replaced one of my phones for a problem I got a refurb one.works all the same but only a 3 month warranty vs a year.
Done it for at least 3 devices at an at&t device support center.

Dr Triffid

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site
Shouldn't be a problem as the vast majority of refurbs is made up of customer returns. Screen too small? It gets brought back, but the unit can't be sold as new again.

Of the other returns, I was told by an AT&T rep that problem devices usually go back out as refurbs only if there is an obvious physical defect that can be replaced easily. Handsets that do odd things like random reboots are more often autopsied.

PSUGradAtl

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
Just ordered a refurbished GSII for $0.01! Seems like a smokin' deal. I hope the whole "grandfathered unlimited data plan" works out ok. I got bounced around to 3 people before I found someone that sounded like they knew what was going on.

I'm stoked. I've been stuck with my Black Jack II for too long now. So this will be my first real smart phone. I was holding out for an LTE phone but I didn't want to pay the $250 for the Skyrocket and I couldn't hold out any longer waiting for that price to drop... plus, this is $0.01!!

Dr Triffid

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site
I think you'll be happy with the GSII. Unless you're in a metro area, LTE shouldn't be a priority. It took AT&T nearly two years from the time it announced 3G and I bought a 3G phone until the service actually worked here.

To me, the horse race right now is between when they will activate LTE here and when they will roll out ICS for the GSII. I'm not holding my breath waiting for either, as AT&T's track record on both has been abysmal.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol