Anybody have any experience buying a refurbished unit from AT&T? I'm looking at buying a refurbished GSII.
    12-14-2011 07:35 AM
    Whenever I replaced one of my phones for a problem I got a refurb one.works all the same but only a 3 month warranty vs a year.
    Done it for at least 3 devices at an at&t device support center.
    12-14-2011 10:03 AM
    Shouldn't be a problem as the vast majority of refurbs is made up of customer returns. Screen too small? It gets brought back, but the unit can't be sold as new again.

Of the other returns, I was told by an AT&T rep that problem devices usually go back out as refurbs only if there is an obvious physical defect that can be replaced easily. Handsets that do odd things like random reboots are more often autopsied.
    12-14-2011 02:28 PM
    I have had two referb phones over the years, of different types. No problem with any of them

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk
    berrygood909 likes this.
    12-14-2011 03:26 PM
    Just ordered a refurbished GSII for $0.01! Seems like a smokin' deal. I hope the whole "grandfathered unlimited data plan" works out ok. I got bounced around to 3 people before I found someone that sounded like they knew what was going on.

I'm stoked. I've been stuck with my Black Jack II for too long now. So this will be my first real smart phone. I was holding out for an LTE phone but I didn't want to pay the $250 for the Skyrocket and I couldn't hold out any longer waiting for that price to drop... plus, this is $0.01!!
    12-14-2011 06:43 PM
    I think you'll be happy with the GSII. Unless you're in a metro area, LTE shouldn't be a priority. It took AT&T nearly two years from the time it announced 3G and I bought a 3G phone until the service actually worked here.

To me, the horse race right now is between when they will activate LTE here and when they will roll out ICS for the GSII. I'm not holding my breath waiting for either, as AT&T's track record on both has been abysmal.
    12-14-2011 11:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD