Has happened around the same time yesterday and today (2:30 pm). I get a notification with a star on my Notif. Bar saying, "New Android Apps". When clicked it directs you to a.wrappio.com. Anyone know what this is and how I got it?
    12-14-2011 05:46 PM
    It looks like something you have to sign up for on the web. Not sure how else you would get it on your phone, unless they spammed you with a text message. It's easy to unsubscribe.

"Can I use my mobile phone to unsubscribe to Wrappios services?
    -Yes, just text STOP to 82793 anytime to cancel the subscription."

From their website:

Wrappio is a revolutionary service that provides custom recommendations on new mobile apps! By subscribing to Wrappio you will receive weekly alerts with suggested applications to download. Additionally, you can text apps that you like to Wrappio to receive customized suggestions on downloads that are similar.
    missy_merge likes this.
    12-14-2011 06:03 PM
    That's odd. I've never subscribed to them. Got a text back from them after I texted "stop". "You are not subscribed". thanks for the info.
    12-14-2011 06:37 PM
    Sounds like an app that is pushing notifications.

If you don't know which one, you can try Addons Detector or Airpush Detector to find it.
    Dr Triffid and missy_merge like this.
    12-14-2011 08:51 PM
    Hooray for Airpush Detector. I had the problem for months and was blaming it on the wrong app.
    12-14-2011 11:40 PM
    Check your free themes that you have downloaded. I had one that was pushing notification adds just like that.
    missy_merge likes this.
    12-15-2011 08:28 AM
    Easy mp3 downloads is causing mine. I wigged at the notification.
    12-17-2011 03:10 PM
    I found two new icons installed on my home page! One was a quasi-Market app, and another was a fake Search icon. Totally freaked me out.

I removed both, and then installed Airpush Detector immediately. The culprit was a game called Running Fighter, which I uninstalled.
    missy_merge likes this.
    12-24-2011 10:58 AM
    I decided to download Airpush Detector, then I brought it up & it detected 19 that I should uninstall!!! Thanks for the Link!!! I have the HTC Merge!!!
    01-03-2012 02:47 PM
    just tried the airpush detector as well. detected 1. Hopefully it's fixed now. Thanks for the help everyone.
    01-03-2012 07:47 PM
    Airpush Detector didn't show anything for me but Addons Detector did. The first few times I ran Addons Detector it also found nothing but then all of a sudden it found Bloat Freezer as the culprit. Filter for "push notificatoins". Good luck.
    01-04-2012 07:56 AM
    Pretty much the same with me, Addons Detectordecided cost freezer "may" be the culprit. It's only been 24 hours but it seems it was right. I was greeting iPhone ads of all things, in the notification bar!
    01-08-2012 07:29 PM
    I was really annoyed to find out Bloat Freezer turned out to be a junk app. Fortunately, I stumbled upon ROM Toolbox by JRummy16. It's free, can freeze apps, and can do a whole lot of other things.
    01-08-2012 10:25 PM
    I got the same weird widget on my home page.the culprit was( EVIL TD ) makes sense right.Thanks airpush.
    01-13-2012 04:53 AM
    Another option to get rid of this crap:
    Airblocker - Airpush Block
    ByQ Develop
    (get it in the market)
    01-14-2012 04:42 PM
    This is customer service for Wrappio. This campaign requires your knowledge and consent to subscribe by affirmatively opting-in twice. Also, please distinguish between ads promoting Wrappio and the actual Wrappio service, as there appears to be some confusion above between the two. In any event, to cancel the actual Wrappio service, you may reply STOP to the shortcode. If you are unhappy with your service and would like to request a refund, we also offer a no-questions-asked full refund policy for all unsatisfied customers. You may call 1-888-883-2423 to speak with a live operator. We apologize for any confusion.
    01-24-2012 12:47 PM