Miss my silence button from iphone

radman202

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
I need to be able to reach in my pocket and turn off the sound. There are times when you just can't take the phone out and futz with it. I loved that I could flip a switch on the iphone in my pocket and feel the confirmatory vibration. THERE HAS GOT to be an app that allows me to do that with one of the hard buttons on the galaxy...but I can't find it. They are all widgets or apps that I have to unlock the phone for. PLEASE someone develop this or tell me where there is one.

One other pet peeve. The "home" button is not a real button and it isn't lit up... so I can't see it or feel it. I miss that!

slvrevoix

Oct 20, 2010
Visit site
Then get another iPhone! Problem solved....

I really doubt that you are sooooo busy that you cannot pull out your phone for 4 seconds and silence it. Get real man.

radman202

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
so defensive and unhelpful.

It isn't a time issue. It is an appropriateness issue. There are certain times (like religious services or meetings) when it is improper to pull out my phone.

Stop thinking you know everything...like my circumstances. If you have a suggestion, write it. Otherwise, stop judging me! Your responses show ignorance.

slvrevoix

Oct 20, 2010
Visit site
I'm sorry.

Currently there is no app that will perform the actions you desire. You would be better off going to the XDA forums and asking one of the devs there if they have any know-how on creating an app which will silence your phone from the volume button while the phone is locked.

The international version of our phone GT-I9100 has the physical home button if you must have one.

There you go princess :p

BugDad25

Jul 28, 2010
Visit site
If you press and hold the down volume button until it gets to the lowest volume it automatically turns off the ringer and puts the phone in vibrate mode. You should be able to do that while still in your pocket. And it is quick

radman202

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
true true... wouldn't it be great if we were on top of everything... but alas we aren't. The benefit of a switch is that you can put your and in your pocket and confirm that your phone isn't going to embarrass you.... or shut the ringer when you forget... It is a very nice feature on the iphone and with the flexibility of the android, you'd think there would be a software solution to make remap one of the buttons...

derande

Aug 5, 2010
Visit site
typical pretentious apple prick to start a post demanding that "someone develop this" because he didn't do his homework before buying a product.

Reactions: ladyc0524

radman202

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
holy crap. i am an android user researching the capabilities of my phone. the beauty of the android is that you can develop features to make it better...including borrowing ideas from iphone.. like they borrow from android. where did you get such a shriveled up nasty attitude? get a life.

j510

Aug 27, 2011
Visit site
damn all you android users are really sounding like those apple users. this guy has a real question. just because he mentions an iphone feature all you guys turn into little girls. seriously though you guys are all acting like kids, grow up!

For the vibrate feature youre talking i really dont know how to help you but man these other android users are embarrassing, arent they? what a shame.

Last edited:

Jaycemiskel

Trusted Member
Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
There's just no way to do this at the moment. Maybe Apple has a patent on it and that's why no other manufacturer has done this. Personally I don't have a problem remembering to turn my phone on silent before I go somewhere but I can see why this would be a desired feature. Perhaps one of the guys at XDA can do this. That would probably be your best bet.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

2ndaccord

Nov 15, 2011
Visit site
Actually if you download a lock screen app that allows the volume button to be used when the phone is locked then you can hit the power button in your pocket then hold the volume button down. Your phone should vibrate when you volume all the way down. Try widget locker. I think you can still use the volume buttons with widget locker if you check the settings.

Sent from my A101IT using Tapatalk

Chrstauffe

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
radan202 i agree i need this button too and i never had an iphone ( i actually bought this phone because it was not an iphone), this is a feature that was common on older phones like nokia as-well. If you find a solution please share as i need the solution as well

erwaso

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
Wouldn't it be amazing if we could think of everything. Why do people need to pontificate as if they are the poster's mother?

Because this thread was for attention like little boys and girls cry for? What support do you need? You're just whining about a feature no Android phone has but the iPhone does.

Try sending an email to samsung or an app developer.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante