The new update (rooted)

Slusho64

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
It sounds like the new update is ruining everyone's phones. It asks me every five seconds to update, which makes it almost unusable. So is the update bad for everyone, is it dangerous to update a rooted device, and can I root again afterwards, or is there a way to update while staying rooted? And will it wipe my phone when I update? Thanks.

Last edited:

Jerry-O

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
I am rooted. I had unfroze everything so it is like stock and tried to update TWICE. Both times the update downloads my phone reboots then when the update starts to install (shows progress bar) the phone reboots again loads then gives the error UPDATE INTERRUPTED. The phone works fine still but the update wont take. Any other rooted users with update stories

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S II using Tapatalk.

dingbat005

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
I ended up doing a factory reset after backing everything up to get rid of the update reminder. Worked fine, although took a while to get everything back to normal, and a few things didn't recover :-/ But its been about a week and all is well. going to wait for any updates until ICS comes out, or I take the time to flash a rom instead of stock.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParkerAdams