Saw someone post this online, I don't care for JD, but it was being talked about recently on another thread. But if you go to the market both the free and paid versions say this for AT&T ...."This item isn't available by your carrier."

I had no idea an Carrier could do that with any app, never seen that before. Wonder what their reasoning was?
    12-30-2011 03:49 PM
    Just tried it myself and can confirm the above statement. WTF AT&T

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S II using Tapatalk.
    12-30-2011 04:36 PM
    Try an app called Market Enabler? Spoof a different carrier (T Mob is good) and see if that helps. FYI, JD isn't well know in the Samsung community as being a useful app...just sayin'.

Are you guys rooted? I'm running UnNamed 2.2.1 ROM and even though I see at&t in the market, I can still see JD just fine. I was able to DL it with, and without, Market Enabler spoof app.
    12-30-2011 05:07 PM
    Hopefully they won't pull an Apple to disable it on devices that have it already. Got mine through amazon, dunno if that will make a difference.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk
    12-30-2011 06:00 PM
    I don't use Juice Defender, never read much good info on it, seems people either really love it or despise it. Just thought I'd post it as it was recently being mentioned in another thread.
    12-30-2011 06:41 PM
    That's too bad. Hope they don't take it off my phone - or if they do, hopefully Samsung releases another update soon.

All I know about juice defender is that it makes my SGS2 with 2.3.6's battery last longer than 6 hours on standby. If they take it off my phone, I'll probably have to look into rooting...which I didn't really want to do.
    01-02-2012 10:16 AM
    Try going into Airplane mode and just turn on WiFi and try downloading it again. That way the market won't realize you're on AT&T.

I noticed this recently. I did a Factory reset after going back to 2.3.4, and I noticed that TMZ and a news app I use wasn't showing up in the market. I did what I mentioned above and then they showed up and I was able to download them.
    taigan likes this.
    01-03-2012 08:36 AM
    Thank you! This worked perfectly for me.
    01-04-2012 06:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD