Accept or Decline Incoming calls

werds

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site
OK, so how can I change the buttons overlaid on my lockscreen when I get an incoming call? Currently I have to touch then swipe in order to accept or decline a call. I would much prefer to only have to hit/touch the accept or decline buttons instead. How can I go about easily changing this without doing any major overhauls to my phone software? (Currently running Unnamed 1.3.2)

dedapr

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
I'd sure like to know the answer as well. I'd much rather just be able to touch the button to accept the call.

To reject the call I just turn the phone to face the ground and that solves that problem. But I don't like to swipe to accept.

mviglesias57

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
I'd sure like to know the answer as well. I'd much rather just be able to touch the button to accept the call.

To reject the call I just turn the phone to face the ground and that solves that problem. But I don't like to swipe to accept.

I suspect they did that to prevent accidental touches of the screen from accepting or rejecting a call that you wanted to do the opposite.

Reactions: werds

werds

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site
I suspect they did that to prevent accidental touches of the screen from accepting or rejecting a call that you wanted to do the opposite.

I'm sure this was the purpose as well, but having come from being an iphone user for the last 4 years, I cannot remember one instance of me accidentally accepting or rejecting a call. So either there is some voodo magic that Apple did to make sure that simple push to answer doesn't have a high incident rate of declining or accidental accepting, there is a hardware issue that android phones have that the iphones account for, or Google was just attempting to avoid patent issues. Either way I am hoping someone might have experience with an app that provides the function in question and that is reliable! (And I honestly do not want to load MIUI Rom to gain said functionality :( )

BTW I do know that these kind of overlays exist as on my wifes Froyo based phone there is an app called mylock utilities that allows for an accept call button instead of the swipe method. But it appears that it only works for 2.2 and before (hence why it works on her Froyo phone) :(

It appears that there are other apps that MIGHT have what I am looking for on the marketplace but hard to tell since most are poorly rated apps or require payment (and unless I can easily read in the reviews or description that it has what I may want I no purchase without someone vouching! lol)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty