Please!! Please help...

Outsiders777

Jan 11, 2012
Visit site
I was able to root my device with the Odin tool and had no problems with that..

I however cannot get my wifi to work anymore.. Just scans for 10 sec's then turns off. I have tried all the fixes and tricks I could find...

Is there an answer or fix for me or am I just boned.. I am hoping that this can be fixed..

Version: 2.3.6

Kernel: 2.6.35.7_ZedomaxStockKernel

Samsung Galaxy S II (SGH-i777)

Attempts:

1. Using the terminal and deleting the bcm_supp.conf file
2. doing the same thing through a root browser (which was very simple and cool)
3. Flashing the radios
4. Resetting the owner for the wifi and system within the permissions for the bcm_supp.conf file..

Thanks in advance for anybody that can cure my problem..

Last edited:

werds

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site
Believe it or not I had the same issues. I ended up trying out a 2.3.5 stock ROM and it fixed the wifi but had some other small bugs. In the end I downloaded and flashed UnNamed v1.3.2 and that resolved all the problems and stripped out the bloatware in the process and it is fairly similar to stock appearance. Some people are also loading V2 Unnamed and happy with it as well, I just went with an older one because it is based on 2.3.4

If you are interested in trying it here is the link [ROM][2.3.6] UnNamed v2.2.1 - (12/22/2011) - Improved battery life and performance - xda-developers

Reactions: Outsiders777

dmnall

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
I was able to root my device with the Odin tool and had no problems with that..

I however cannot get my wifi to work anymore.. Just scans for 10 sec's then turns off. I have tried all the fixes and tricks I could find...

Is there an answer or fix for me or am I just boned.. I am hoping that this can be fixed..

Version: 2.3.6

Kernel: 2.6.35.7_ZedomaxStockKernel

Samsung Galaxy S II (SGH-i777)

Attempts:

1. Using the terminal and deleting the bcm_supp.conf file
2. doing the same thing through a root browser (which was very simple and cool)
3. Flashing the radios
4. Resetting the owner for the wifi and system within the permissions for the bcm_supp.conf file..

Thanks in advance for anybody that can cure my problem..

Which firmware are you using? UCKH7 *2.3.4* or the Att Update of uckk6? I would recommend try flashing Entropy DD Kernel to see if that fixes your wifi issues. Or do what werds suggested and install UnNamed v2.2.1 *I am running this one with out any issues*, if you are running a Belkin Router there is a patch to fix wifi issues with Belkin Routers.

HTH,
Charlie

chaplain

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
I was able to root my device with the Odin tool and had no problems with that.. I however cannot get my wifi to work anymore.. Just scans for 10 sec's then turns off. I have tried all the fixes and tricks I could find... Is there an answer or fix for me or am I just boned.. I am hoping that this can be fixed..

When you flash the UnNamed rom, be sure to do a "wipe date/factory reset" as part of the flashing process through CWM ( do NOT use Rom Manager). I would also suggest flashing Entropy's Daily Driver kernel 1/2/2012 from here . The wifi connectivity issue is a well-known problem with 2.3.6. Most users have found that UnNamed solved the problem, as long as there was a wipe during flashing.

Entropy

Dec 31, 2011
Visit site
Zedo's kernel is unmaintained and has not been updated since October or early November - it is missing critical fixes that permit UCKK6 wifi to work properly.

UCKK6 wifi will only work properly with the stock kernel and my releases from 12/21/2011 and later.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aaahza