Hello! Just switched from WP7 to a GS2!

1jaxstate1

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
I just ordered a SGS2 and it'll be here in two days. I use to have a Captivate, but that phone didn't cut it for me. So I moved to a few other phones [iP4,Palm Pre+, WP7,...]. I've seen videos and done research, so I decided to give Android another try. Can't wait to get back into things!

1jaxstate1

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
The Captivate I had was laggy and would drop calls quite often, and I never bothered with flashing a different ROM. I left the iPhone because I had two 3G's and a 4. I just got tired of it. WP7 is good, but I miss the customization and the app options. Most of the major apps I used were available for WP7, but now, more and more local businesses are making apps, but only for iOS and Android. I've seen/heard that the lag issue isn't a problem with the new GS2, so I took the plunge again.

Angelsnecropolis

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
I had a Captivate for 3 days before returning it for my GS2. Mine wasn't laggy but instead the internet was just not connecting 90% of the time. The only time my GS2 gets laggy is when my available RAM falls below 300. But apparently I have quite a few memory hogs running as I only get about 560 of my 1024 from boot. Mine eats through the battery too. I average about 5.5hrs bat life.

I heard that the GS3 will have 2gb of ram instead of 1. I dont feel 1 is sufficient. Anyways, whether your GS2 will be laggy depends on how many ram intensive apps you run. I'm using Go Launcher EX with some fancy effects too. And I like my live wallpapers too much.

Right now my ram is sitting at 320 & my keyboard is starting to get quarky. Ill prob have to reboot in a few hours.
c6e4e812-7139-9d7c.jpg

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S II

Angelsnecropolis

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
Ah ok. You plan to root. I want to as well & remove bloat but want to wait until 4.0. Android market says I have 92 apps installed. =P Maybe once the newness of my 1st smartphone wears off ill settle down.

1jaxstate1

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, I plan to root, eventually. I'm not going to do it right out the gate though. I'll play around with touchwiz 4.0. I'm going to try and move all the bloat to a couple of folders. I hate the bloat.

mack

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
I had a Captivate for 3 days before returning it for my GS2. Mine wasn't laggy but instead the internet was just not connecting 90% of the time. The only time my GS2 gets laggy is when my available RAM falls below 300. But apparently I have quite a few memory hogs running as I only get about 560 of my 1024 from boot. Mine eats through the battery too. I average about 5.5hrs bat life.

I heard that the GS3 will have 2gb of ram instead of 1. I dont feel 1 is sufficient. Anyways, whether your GS2 will be laggy depends on how many ram intensive apps you run. I'm using Go Launcher EX with some fancy effects too. And I like my live wallpapers too much.

Right now my ram is sitting at 320 & my keyboard is starting to get quarky. Ill prob have to reboot in a few hours.
Click to view quoted image

Dude look at all the crap you got running.. and I fixed my lag issues on my fascinate by using adw ex add getting rid of goo launcher, it was source of issues

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FarajWala800