How do you capture a screen shot

BestInGalaxy

Jan 13, 2012
Visit site
Yeah its possible without using any screenshot apps. Just hold down home and press the power button. You gotta do it fast or you"ll be sent to the home screen. You do NOT have to be rooted in order for this to work. It will work with both rooted and non-rooted.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk

spettiner

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Yeah its possible without using any screenshot apps. Just hold down home and press the power button. You gotta do it fast or you"ll be sent to the home screen. You do NOT have to be rooted in order for this to work. It will work with both rooted and non-rooted.

Thank you!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk

ijip

Aug 20, 2011
Visit site
yes, your not timing it right.... make sure u push the power button while holding the home button ( the one that looks like a house)
you should see a white outline around your edges and the pix get sent to the screen caps folder in gallery... it automatically creates one

unglued94ta

Oct 3, 2011
Visit site
I can never get it to work unless I hit both of them at the exact same time. Anything else screws it up. If the screen flashes, you know you did it right.

Strawdawg

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site
mine seems to work well touching home then power rapidly. You can hit power and then home and it will work, but, generally follows up with given you the menu to power down which you can then back out of.

rhiannon828

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Press power and volume down at the same time. You need to hold them a second or two. Works for me every time.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk 2

KRoberts

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
Both ways work, either power button and volume down, hold it. Oooorrrr you can use the home button and power, hold.

Sent from The Dark Side

megdlamb

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site
Im about to throw this phone at a brick wall to see who wins. I have been trying to do a screen shot for 2 days now and its not working. My husband has tried as well and nothing seems to work. Any suggestions?

KRoberts

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
I'm pretty sure I alone have clarified how to do this a couple times in this thread alone. Just gotta read it, new posters..

Sent from The Dark Side

jsigmo

Jan 22, 2012
Visit site
Neither of the two ways mentioned work on mine. I'm running ICS, now, though.

What OS are you folks that can get it to work running?

sprof

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
On ICS for me I press power then home and count to 2 then release. It saves the screenshot once I release both. I make sure to press power just a fraction of second before home.

jsigmo

Jan 22, 2012
Visit site
OK. I finally got it to work ... mabye it's my Otter Box!!!

OK. I'm on a Samsung SGH-I727, running Ice Cream Sandwich, 4.04 with Kernel version 3.08, build number IMM76D.UCLF6 here.

This is clearly a matter of getting the timing JUST RIGHT.

I tried it over and over, and could never get it to work.

But just now, I got it to work by experimenting with the timing, and now it seems to work repeatedly for me.

You have to push both power and home at the same time.

What was messing me up was trying to consciously press power slightly ahead of home. They've got to both be pressed at exactly the same time for me. In fact, I can press the home button slightly before the power button and get it to work.

So what's been messing me up has been trying to press power first. That doesn't work at all for me.

For those having trouble: Press them both at exactly the same time, or as close to the same time as you can. :D

Maybe it's the clear screen protector in my OtterBox that slows the response of the "home" button slightly compared to how it would be if I was pressing directly on the phone's screen that causes this difference in perceived button press timing. I do know the phone's touch screen does operate better and has a nicer feel without the protective thingamajigger.

Are those of you who are having problems using protective screen covers and protective boxes? Even the power and volume buttons are a LOT harder to press with my box on the phone. Just a thought.

But I will say that the box has protected the phone for me in a number of spectacular drops and kicks down stairs and the like, so it's staying on the phone. :-[

njr

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
folks, it depends on if the phone has been updated to ics. ics standard is volume down and power. GB users the power home combo. Hope that helps

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2

sprof

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
folks, it depends on if the phone has been updated to ics. ics standard is volume down and power. GB users the power home combo. Hope that helps

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2

Just tried the volume down and power. It works in addition to the power/home. :thumbup:

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Android Central Forums

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheOzarks