Hey guys, I'm having a problem with my wifi/data on my phone. Sometimes when I go to use my phone, I'll have a solid data connection (either wifi or mobile), but won't be able to transfer any data.. at least, I can't access the internet. AirDroid seems to still work during this spells (when I'm on wifi, that is).

The only solution I've found is to go into airplane mode, but this has been happening 3-5 times a day now so I'd like a better solution. I'm on the stock rom, running Entropy's 1/2/12 daily driver kernel, although this problem occurred just as often on the stock kernel (as well as on stock kernel with cwm). I'm on 2.3.4 (the custom kernel and removed bloatware mean the ota 2.3.6 update fails, but since it has wifi/battery problems and I'm almost always on wifi I don't want it).

What I think is happening is something with 4g failing to connect properly, causing all other data connections to no longer work. Since AirDroid HAS to go over wifi, it works fine when I've got the wifi connection (even if 4g isn't connected properly). I should mention that I use Llama to turn wifi off and data on when my screen is off, but this problem started before I started using Llama (even when I had wifi set to never sleep). This suddenly started mid-December, and I've had my phone since Oct 2... which seems kind of weird.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
    01-20-2012 07:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD