I downloaded several wallpapers from Android Central and had no issues but when I moved the wallpapers to my ex sd card, the media scanning comes up in my notification bar and it stays scanning for sometimes several minutes for just one lousy wallpaper. This is on my AT&T GS2. I have a 32 GB SD Card in my phone. I also have the T-Mobile GS2 and when I move wallpapers to the ex sd card on that phone the Media Scanning goes on and finishes almost right away (several seconds at most)
    My question is why does the Media scanning take so long on the AT&T GS2 compared to the T-Mobile phone? Could it be the sd card? The T-Mobile phone has a 16 MB card in it compared to a 32 in the AT&T phone???? Both phones are completely stock.

Any help would be welcomed.
    Go Patriots
    01-22-2012 10:03 AM
    The media scanning on my att GS2 is fast...way faster than the Captivate ever was.

I know this is just a band-aid, but here's an app for rooted phones that will let you stop and/or shut down the media scanning and allow you to do it manually.

https://market.android.com/details?i...bm5lcnJvb3QiXQ..
    01-22-2012 11:31 AM
    I downloaded several wallpapers from Android Central and had no issues but when I moved the wallpapers to my ex sd card, the media scanning comes up in my notification bar and it stays scanning for sometimes several minutes for just one lousy wallpaper. This is on my AT&T GS2. I have a 32 GB SD Card in my phone. I also have the T-Mobile GS2 and when I move wallpapers to the ex sd card on that phone the Media Scanning goes on and finishes almost right away (several seconds at most)
    My question is why does the Media scanning take so long on the AT&T GS2 compared to the T-Mobile phone? Could it be the sd card? The T-Mobile phone has a 16 MB card in it compared to a 32 in the AT&T phone???? Both phones are completely stock.

Any help would be welcomed.
    Go Patriots
    What are the read speeds on both SD cards??
    01-22-2012 12:39 PM
    The 32 gb sd card in the AT&T GS2 is a 4 and the 16 gb sd card in the T-Mobile GS2 is a 2. The T-Mobile phone shows Media Scanning and goes away right away. Media Scanning on the AT&T phone goes on for several minutes. Very strange that the slower card is much faster so it obviously isn't the speed of the card. Both sd cards are made by SanDisk. The 32 gb was out of my Thunderbolt and the 16 gb came with the T-Mobile GS2.
    I'm going to switch the cards around and move some files and see if there is any difference. Other then that I am stumpt.
    Thanksfor any help. Great forum.
    01-22-2012 01:30 PM
    A class 4 isn't that much faster than a class 2, but it shouldn't be that noticeable. I'm interested to see what you find in your tests though.
    01-22-2012 10:51 PM
    I have a Lexar 32G Class 10 micro SD card, and it takes a matter of seconds to read the card.
    01-23-2012 01:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD