So former iPhone owners, what do you miss?

ladyc0524

Trusted Member
Mar 29, 2010
Visit site
I don't miss anything about the iPhone.. I have an ipad so I still have access to the iOS apps.. I'm loving my Epic Touch and this huge, beautiful screen

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

SteveISU

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
Would it be easier, with all apple laptops and iPads, yes. But the Gnex is too damn good to go back. That and the fact that apple as a company is pissing me off regarding all the lawsuits. Makes it hard to support a company like that.

hexbyte

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
I miss shortcuts... ie.. typing brb and it inputs 'Be right back'. I haven't found anything like it YET in Android. Have a Galaxy 2S and will not go back to ios.

cwells

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
I don't miss anything about the iPhone.. I have an ipad so I still have access to the iOS apps.. I'm loving my Epic Touch and this huge, beautiful screen

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

I feel the same way as you, don't really miss anything form my iPhone (5 year user). Although I don't know how I would feel if I didn't have an iPad because I still use it daily.

mcl5000

Dec 26, 2011
Visit site
Honestly there isn't THAT much difference between Android phones and iPhones. They're both great, and they both work very well. The biggest difference to me is the screen-size, and that's a huge deal for me.

I like everything on the SGS2 equally or better than I did on my iPhone, so I don't miss anything.

That being said, if there's a 4.3" iPhone when I can upgrade next, I may give it another shot.

surf1

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site
Really nothing, except for the simple clean visual voicemail on at&t iPhones, I've tried a couple now and though Youmail was having weird lag issues seems to be ok now. Otherwise I still have my 3GS jailbroken and 4, and the gf has a 4S from work so if need be I an still use them for games (thanks to free app a day I pry have $200 worth of awesome games for free over the last year or so). But I love the GS2, and she uses her Kindle Fire more for games then her 4S lol.

thinguy

Nov 15, 2011
Visit site
I didn't think about vm. How is it handled on Android? Do you have to call into your vm box or does it show up similar to iPhone?

Thanks

surf1

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site
I didn't think about vm. How is it handled on Android? Do you have to call into your vm box or does it show up similar to iPhone?

Thanks
Kind of a pain in the ass, I had to call AT&T and have them reactivate voicemail system since everything is erased in their system when you leave the iPhone, redo the message, only to find out that visual voicemail isn't on the phone. So I tried some others like Google Voice etc, ended up sticking with Youmail. But I've had many times where VVM has a huge lag between a call and when the message comes through, which never happened on the iPhone. And the iPhone VVM just looks simpler and cleaner to use.

So you can either click the app to open, or drop down the notification bar and click the message to go directly to it in VVM mode.

AT&T made it only for the iPhone, wish they would port their VVM to Android.

thinguy

Nov 15, 2011
Visit site
ugh. That sucks I hate having to dial into vm, etc. Seems so 20th century....:)

I use my phone for work so the delay and sending my vm to youmail's servers doesn't sound good.

mclifford82

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
I definitely miss visual voicemail. Honestly, I can't believe no one else has this. I also miss the battery life. I hear lots of Android users say that it sucks that the iPhone doesn't have a user-replaceable battery. It just doesn't need one. I had to actually TRY to run that battery out.

I don't miss much about the ecosystem as I still have my iPad. But those are my two biggest "wish you were here"s from the iPhone 4.

surf1

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site
ugh. That sucks I hate having to dial into vm, etc. Seems so 20th century....:)

I use my phone for work so the delay and sending my vm to youmail's servers doesn't sound good.
well you don't really dial in, just have to call at&t and them reactivate vm to the account. Then when setup, you can use apps like Youmail or Google Voice etc. So if somebody leaves you a message, it'll be visually setup like iPhones VVM. I just preferred the look of the iPhones VVM, and never had any lag issues with it (time between a call and msg) like ones I've used on Android. Though last couple days Youmail has been fine whereas before sometimes a msg wouldn't show for 30-60+ minutes. So it works similar, someone leaves you a message, you get notification and can go to the VVM to check it out.

here's the app on home-screen and in it
SC20120126-185945.png

SC20120126-190011.png

I definitely miss visual voicemail. Honestly, I can't believe no one else has this. I also miss the battery life. I hear lots of Android users say that it sucks that the iPhone doesn't have a user-replaceable battery. It just doesn't need one. I had to actually TRY to run that battery out.

I don't miss much about the ecosystem as I still have my iPad. But those are my two biggest "wish you were here"s from the iPhone 4.
Well there is VVM like I posted above, you have to download the app(s) (whichever you choose) and set it up though, whereas it just comes with the iPhone.

But your running uNnamed and still have poor battery life? My GS2 isn't rom'd yet and it's battery life is better then our 3GS and little better then 4S, pretty close to our 4 in actual use.

bxborn31

Oct 3, 2011
Visit site
All I miss is the facetime automatic integration. Didn't need an app. But I have an ipad2 so its still right there. Only way I would consider going back is if they upped the screen size.

Sent from my...

mclifford82

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
Well there is VVM like I posted above, you have to download the app(s) (whichever you choose) and set it up though, whereas it just comes with the iPhone.

But your running uNnamed and still have poor battery life? My GS2 isn't rom'd yet and it's battery life is better then our 3GS and little better then 4S, pretty close to our 4 in actual use.

That app looks slick, I'll have to grab it. Thanks!

And yeah, even on UnNamed I'm still having some battery issues. I really dislike it, as I can feel the battery life just draining away while it sits next to me on my desk doing nothing.

duncanator

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
I miss being able to double press/click the home button and bring up the iPod controls when the phone is locked. Also miss the ability to listen to video podcasts when the screen is locked using the same method. Other than that, I am happy with the GS2.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante