I have owned the SG SII for a few days. Love it so far. I just want to get some protection. I saw on Amazon the Otterbox Commuter. It was a good price so I bought it. The case hasn't arrived yet but I am now having second thoughts.

I had an otterbox defender for my iphone 3g. While it gave awesome protection, it was huge/thick and bulky.

I do not want a big case but I want one that doesn't add too much bulk but gives a little protection.

I saw the SGP cases and they look very nice and probably what I am looking for. Only problem is that there are no holes for the mic (I guess I can drill one) and I already order the Otterbox.

So did I make a mistake in getting the Otterbox Commuter?

OB Commuter or SGP?
    01-30-2012 06:33 PM
    I absolutely love my commuter. Fits like a glove without adding too much bulk. Yet adds way more protection than many lighter counterparts. Couldn't be happier.
    01-30-2012 07:33 PM
    I guess I'll have to see. It should be here by the end of the week.
    01-31-2012 06:30 AM
    make sure its the one with the I777 in the part number. The other one fits but covers the mic hole.
    01-31-2012 09:17 AM
    01-31-2012 11:34 AM
    Depends on which SGP case. I like the bumper style case from them, and I've had zero complaints about anything I've had from them.

OTOH, I'm not a fan of Otterbox. They fit very well, but the Commuter is overpriced IMO. Can get a very similar case from Incipio for cheaper.
    01-31-2012 12:29 PM
    I use the Commuter. It's the international version, and I have had no problems with call quality on either end.
    01-31-2012 02:48 PM
    I was shopping for a case to protect my SII too. I've been known to drop stuff and I also worry about damaging the big screen and the lens cover for the camera on back. Don't like having to touch up my pictures. I thought the SGP Argos black leather case would be the ticket. It's a nice looking case and doesn't seem to add a lot of bulk. But I've only seen the videos and pictures of it so far. It won't arrive for about a week.

Some of the reviewers of the Commuter said that case was too bulky. It didn't turn me on like the look of real leather either.

02-02-2012 03:02 AM
    Received my Commuter yesterday!
    Looks nice (subjective)
    Gives SII a sturdy and secure feel
    Protection about 7/10 (0 being no case. 10 being maybe Otterbox Defender)

Corners are a lint magnet.
    Top Silicone edge by front camera doesn't sit tight and flush to screen

Overal I think this is a great case for $23. As of now, I do not know of a better case even for more money. This case gives you great protection for how thin it is. Yes you may be able to find slightly slimmer cases but those usually don't do much for impact protection and really just help prevent scratches. It has an inner silicone case with an outer plastic case that goes over the silicone. The plastic offers good protection but the inner silicone case is key imo to providing impact protection. This case doesn't have a built in screen protector such as the Otterbox defender but I didn't like the screen protector anyway. It does come with a separate screen protector if you choose to install it. Lint is not that bad but I keep my pockets pretty clean.
    02-02-2012 07:15 AM
    OtterBox cases are very well made and their customer service is the best. Have never delt with a company that backs their product the way they do.
    02-05-2012 03:19 AM
    I went with a Trident Aegis case (black on black). Looks mighty sharp too.

Trident Samsung Galaxy S II Aegis black case

I got mine through Amazon.
    02-05-2012 12:10 PM
    I have a Commuter on my S2. I like it. It's nice protection without all the bulk.
    02-06-2012 11:10 AM
    The SGP Argos leather case I ordered last week came in today. I was worried because I thought I had mistakenly ordered a case that wouldn't fit my particular phone. I have the AT&T I777. I didn't think there were so many differences in Galaxy S II's until I started seeing videos and other reports of mismatched accessories. The case is labeled Galaxy S2 (i9100), so I thought, oops, wrong case. The last couple of days I have been looking at other cases to see if I could find something I liked to replace it, but I had no luck. I just wanted a nice leather case.

The SGP Samsung Galaxy S2 (i9100) Leather Case Argos Series [Black] fits my Galaxy S II, from AT&T, perfectly. Ain't nothin' better'n leather.
    02-07-2012 06:16 PM
    EBay, galaxy s 2 s-line case. $7 for case car charger and 3 screen protectors. The BEST non flimsy/ bulky case there is.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk
    02-10-2012 08:04 AM